[RELEASE] Music Box

Jamie Roberts

Oct 22, 2012
Thanks for the quality addon.
I'm having an issue with downloading an album where it only downloads 1 song.
I've created the vk account but am I missing something ?

mindgame

Apr 13, 2013
Thanks for the quality addon.
I'm having an issue with downloading an album where it only downloads 1 song.
I've created the vk account but am I missing something ?
I have the same issue, even if all the song exist on VK. I am running KODI Raspbmc.

Jamie Roberts

Oct 22, 2012
Some songs are not available on vk.com and consequently they are not available in addon.
Is there a way round this ?!do I have to create accounts on the other ones?
Noticed a lot of the songs are not originals and are actually different singers covering songs e,g Adele 19&21 loads on that not her.
But hey it's free [emoji106]🏽

Delwashy

Apr 5, 2014
Bolton(England)
Sorry bi did have a quick search for Adele when you do listen you're right but i ain't no Adele expert but like you said it's all free and there's plenty of original artist

phillyfanatic203

May 11, 2015
I'm a huge fan of this add-on, but am having some issues installing it programmatically like I do for my other add-ons -- the reason being that there does not seem to be a .zip file for the add-on, only for the repo itself. I'm able to programmatically install the repo with no issues.

Am I missing something here, perhaps? Maybe there is a .zip file for the add-on itself and I am looking in the wrong tree.

karlesg

Jun 18, 2015
Greece
I already have a vk.com account, but lately when I try to connect I keep getting " wrong vk.com phone/email or password"
There is nothing wrong with my phone or password because I can login normally in vk.com with a windows browser...

When I remove phone/password from the addon settings then sometimes I can connect normally, but then after some time I get the captcha error...

Is it only me? Is there something wrong with vk.com API?
Does anybody else have a problem connecting with vk.com account??

Barcodude

Jun 28, 2015
Got a question is it posible to make a source a strm exstension to add it into my library like in some other addons? Or a music box script for integration into main menu? Super work techdealer!!!

Last edited:

natko1243

Developer
Nov 19, 2014
Zagreb, Croatia
Is it possible to integrate a better resolving function?
Because if I am seeing right this only searches VK with the track name and artist and takes First result.
Many times the first result is not the original. For example if I play Skyfall by Adele it plays a version with a boosted bass.
Is it possible to increase the accuracy of that function?

Dam02

Jul 12, 2015
love the addon, ive been using it since techy first posted about it here.

yesty, i played a bit with it using youtube as the media source, loved it. but now, my 2 x kodi units complain about my vk account credentials being wrong... now i havent used my vk creds for a long time. if im using youtube as the source, do i still need to enter the vk creds?

thx in advance,
Dam0

Hinnak321

Dec 16, 2012
Is it possible to integrate a better resolving function?
Because if I am seeing right this only searches VK with the track name and artist and takes First result.
Many times the first result is not the original. For example if I play Skyfall by Adele it plays a version with a boosted bass.
Is it possible to increase the accuracy of that function?
Yes, maybe comparing the 'track duration' could help and specify the search result.

... would be 1* when getting only best bitrate songs after checking that duration thing.