remember video zoom settings?

nmyshkin

Sep 23, 2014
I have a (legit) live stream of PBS as one of my favorites. Like many PBS sources, there is a black mask around the programming, but the stream is not 4:3 so my default zoom setting for 4:3 material does not catch it. Each time I access the stream I have to zoom to x1.34 so that the 16:9 material fills my entire screen and the black mask is dispatched.

Is there some way, somewhere to make this persistent for this favorite? Seems like there should be, but I can't find it.

marbor

Jun 12, 2014
not sure if i am in the right place to post this problem but if someone can help with my problem will be great.
some of the movies when i click the link i get coloured lines and good sound but picture is not at all. do i have to do something. please reply and thank you for your great work

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
You could try disabling hardware acceleration, that has been known to fix such issues.

nmyshkin

Sep 23, 2014
go to system/video/playback and the settings is there.
Thanks, but if I am not mistaken, those are global settings (like display all 4:3 content zoomed). I just want Kodi to remember the particular zoom setting for this one thing (which is different from everything else).

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
I have a (legit) live stream of PBS as one of my favorites. Like many PBS sources, there is a black mask around the programming, but the stream is not 4:3 so my default zoom setting for 4:3 material does not catch it. Each time I access the stream I have to zoom to x1.34 so that the 16:9 material fills my entire screen and the black mask is dispatched.

Is there some way, somewhere to make this persistent for this favorite? Seems like there should be, but I can't find it.
You can't do it, I've looked & never found the option to choose view settings for one particular video, it's all or nothing! One thing you could try is the Crop Black Bars setting but it might give you undesirable effects on other content http://kodi.wiki/images/thumb/e/e7/VideoSettings.png/500px-VideoSettings.png

marbor

Jun 12, 2014
You could try disabling hardware acceleration, that has been known to fix such issues.
thank you for your reply. can you please tell me where i find the hardware acceleration. i thank you in advance.

marbor

Jun 12, 2014
i thank you very much fcb78 for your prompt reply, it worked, you solved my problem it was frustrating me trying to watch a movie and see those colouring lines instead of the picture.
one last thing if you can help, it's not a xbmc problem.
i have an android tv box for several times i have to switch it on and off to boot, it stays on mbox and doesn't boot, if i make a factory reset does it erase all the applications for example the browser and adobe flash player, i never done it before.
thanks again in advance