Remote access to Kodi/SPMC

Hazza

Jan 20, 2016
Hi my father bought an Android box but he doesn't know how to configure it. Is there a way I can remotely connect to it so that I can do it for him? I'm living in Sweden and he's in Cyprus.

I've installed SPMC on my one and done a custom build which should suit him for things he watches (football, Greek and UK) which I have backed up, so just want to do a restore (I'm assuming) on his!

Sorry if I posted in the wrong place for this.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

fracl

Jan 1, 2015
Hi my father bought an Android box but he doesn't know how to configure it. Is there a way I can remotely connect to it so that I can do it for him? I'm living in Sweden and he's in Cyprus.

I've installed SPMC on my one and done a custom build which should suit him for things he watches (football, Greek and UK) which I have backed up, so just want to do a restore (I'm assuming) on his!

Sorry if I posted in the wrong place for this.

Do a search here on the forum, it's been discussed before.
if your dad is not good with electronics maybe it wasn't the best idea to get a box. these things are not like a cable box, where you just pay your bill and flip channels. unless he is willing to put in some time and learn the hobby.?

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
One sure way is to have him mail you the box, you fix it up then mail it back. That's how I take care of my brother's android in NY. Once a year we do this.

You could always ask the kodi forum about remote access, see what they say. There may be info on the kodi wiki also.

Really this is an addon forum, if you want help with SA*TS this is the place.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
He might be better off sending your the box so you can set it up. While setting it up, install Team Viewer on his box and your PC. Team Viewer will allow you to take over his box if he runs into a snag.

However, I am with Fracl on this. If he can't or won't learn how to set it up himself, this is likely not for him.

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Make sure you and Dad have same Backup add-on.
Backup your setup.
Email it to your Dad or put it on a server.
Tell your Dad to save it to a USB stick.
Tell him to Restore from the USB.

If that is beyond his technical capabilities then he might want to consider a different hobby.

Hazza

Jan 20, 2016
Thanks for the replies. Using it wont be a problem, its mainly so he can watch some football. Maybe i'll see if my sister can help him (whilst I upload the setup to a server) and I can viber her to talk her through.

Thanks again:)

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
Thanks for the replies. Using it wont be a problem, its mainly so he can watch some football. Maybe i'll see if my sister can help him (whilst I upload the setup to a server) and I can viber her to talk her through.

Thanks again:)

there's a reasonable chance that teamviewer is allready installed ...you should be able to talk him through firing that up and then you can take over...

failing that get him a box with a sports build allready on it :rolleyes: