Remote shortcut to vpn connection

barnesy91

Jun 30, 2014
Hi Guys,

Just in the process of configuring my box a bit more, Have finally after hours of trying managed to set up my vpns.

Just wondering, if theres a way to launch the vpn at the press of a button on my remote? I read somewhere about advanced launcher and configuring it using that, But I cannot for the life of me find the post again.

Anybody managed to do this, and can point me in the right direction for the script for it, or tell me how/if it can be done.

Thanks in advance

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
Hi Guys,

Just in the process of configuring my box a bit more, Have finally after hours of trying managed to set up my vpns.

Just wondering, if theres a way to launch the vpn at the press of a button on my remote? I read somewhere about advanced launcher and configuring it using that, But I cannot for the life of me find the post again.

Anybody managed to do this, and can point me in the right direction for the script for it, or tell me how/if it can be done.

Thanks in advance
What system are you running xbmc/kodi on. Also what vpn add-on are you running.

If you are running brain Hornsby open vpn I can help.

barnesy91

Jun 30, 2014
I'm using codesnakes openelec mate on an M8 box, So just the built in vpn configuration .

I couldn't get it working using the openvpn plugin

Can you help?

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
I'm using codesnakes openelec mate on an M8 box, So just the built in vpn configuration .

I couldn't get it working using the openvpn plugin

Can you help?
sorry mate. If it was a 3rd party script then I would have been able to help, however I'm sure your get a answer for this on the openelec forum "chewit" is usually quite helpful with these sort of questions, if not I'm sure one of the other devs will be able to give you the command path you need.

barnesy91

Jun 30, 2014
Ahh no problem mate, thanks for the support, I'll see if i can get the openvpn working tomorrow, and if i can i'll get back to you.

Cheers again