Replacement for Apple Tv2

OsabaMark

Aug 19, 2012
As the title says I'm looking to replace my ageing Apple Tv2 with an Android box. <br />
Tempted to get the Minix NEO X8-H plus, but also happens to be much more expensive than other devices like the M8 boxes typically sold by Droidsticks. <br />
<br />
Anyone got experience of both and will the Minix offer me something tangibly much better than the other popular quad core boxes. <br />
<br />
Essentially I want it for watching live football, movies and series via Kodi /XBMC Gaming isn't an issue. Got a ps4 for that. <br />
<br />
Any feedback much appreciated.<br/>

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
As the title says I'm looking to replace my ageing Apple Tv2 with an Android box. <br />
Tempted to get the Minix NEO X8-H plus, but also happens to be much more expensive than other devices like the M8 boxes typically sold by Droidsticks. <br />
<br />
Anyone got experience of both and will the Minix offer me something tangibly much better than the other popular quad core boxes. <br />
<br />
Essentially I want it for watching live football, movies and series via Kodi /XBMC Gaming isn't an issue. Got a ps4 for that. <br />
<br />
Any feedback much appreciated.<br/>
I believe you get what you pay for...i have a minix x8-h plus and im delighted with it.

Sammy11

Sep 8, 2012
I have the Minix Neo x8-h plus, and the M8, and the fireTV's. They all run Kodi great and they all have some issues. The Minix is expensive but it had 16GB of space, 2GB memory, and came with a Keyboard Remote which I thought would help. It has been glitchy, I have to restart it everyday cause it freezes up when left on overnight and keyboard remote gives multiple keystrokes when trying to type with it. On a positive note, the Minix has a support forum for issues that arise with the device. The M8, well the remote does not work well if your not pointing directly at the device and the support for it is not easily found, but It does work well using KODI. Cheap and it works. The firetv stick and the firetv work well using KODI, fire TV stick has only 1 gb memory and both have 8Gb storage. The remotes work really well, but I have been unable to add keyboard support for my bluetooth keyboard. Some keyboards apparently work with them though. Out of all of them, I think I like the fireTV stick the best. It is also the cheapest.

bromerzz

Nov 9, 2012
Cyprus
Get yourself a Raspberry pi version 2 setup, running openelec.
From putting in the power supply to watching a channel on something like FTV BBC1....36 secs.
And without all the crap that Android boxes come with.