[REQUEST] EASY! advancedsettings add-on

Shadrach

Developer
Jan 17, 2014
A simple add-on with a variety of configurations of the advandsettings file to apply, and an explanation of each one (best for live streams, best for sopcast streamings, etc). Or a recommendation (recommended for p2p-streams add-on, etc).

In a more complex way, maybe could change advancedsetting configuration automatically when we launch an add-on... or something like that.

Thx!

MediaPi

May 19, 2013
If your adept enough to delve into advance settings then why would you need an addon to accomplish something that can more easily be done using the conventional method. I've done alot of tweaking and from experience I think most users are not bothered with an increase of a mior improvement by messing with advance settings. Those that are will have to do some research anyhows. Coming from A Pi I'm done with messing with it and just use a super setting and its great because no hangups or freezes. Just my two cents

Shadrach

Developer
Jan 17, 2014
When I make the 0 cache tweak in a maintenance add-on, I notice the change instantaneously, without rebooting XBMC, I think...

Shadrach

Developer
Jan 17, 2014
An add-on that collects all different configuration of the advancedsettings file there are in other add-ons (maintenance, ****up, p2pstreams) and put it all together with some organization (for live channels, for movie streaming) or some info that help to choose one...

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
If your adept enough to delve into advance settings then why would you need an addon to accomplish something that can more easily be done using the conventional method. I've done alot of tweaking and from experience I think most users are not bothered with an increase of a mior improvement by messing with advance settings. Those that are will have to do some research anyhows. Coming from A Pi I'm done with messing with it and just use a super setting and its great because no hangups or freezes. Just my two cents
I dont agree with this and agree with shadrach.Since p2p was released ive been thinking about something like this would be really handy

Im having to use different advancesettings for p2p to say,what i would if i was watching a movie.My internet aint the best so i find 0 settings for films allows me to cache more to keep the stream going better,whilst 0 settings kills p2p sd streams,and higher p2p streams sometimes need a little tweak with a different settings.
Being able to save a few different pre configured setups of advance settings would be great to make it easier to switch between the ones you wanted at the time.Granted you would still need to reboot xbmc,but it would save the hassle of opening up maintenance,deleting one,importing another,or going to your userdata folder and adjusting numbers etc etc,it would all be there ready.
Hubmaintenance already has this choice with a few different setups,so im guessing is it possible to be able to add our own to the list and be able to click on them ?

What ive done at the minute is added the ones from hub maintenance to favourites,so at least they are accessable from the home screen with just one click

Last edited: