Requests to be included on Addons.

Flapster

Nov 13, 2013
The Black Country, UK
Hope i'm posing this in the right section....

With the amazing addons that are here at the HUB and the excellent DEVs and designers etc, it got me thinking. Now, I can't code. For the life of me, I just dont have enough time in the day to learn at the moment, however I have some ideas for addons. So, I figured that there has to be loads of us that cant code, but come up with good ideas for addons.

This is not restricted to addons, but also for some features that could be added to an addon to improve it.

I thought that it would be a good idea to share and see if the Devs get their creative juices flowing !

Ok heres my idea to start the ball rolling.......

Addon Name - Series Channels

The Idea

The addon reads your library of television subscriptions and automatically creates a single TV like channel for each show/series. When you change channels to a new series it autoplays your next unwatched episode in that series. If you stay on the channel it will play the next unwatched episode in the series. Great for Binge watches as I am !!

A TV like guide, but without times and dates, would allow you to move through the channels and select a show with episode information

The Reason

I'm old and still have the "urge" to channel "surf" and like the structure of TV. I tried PseudoTV etc and cannot for the life of me get it how I want it or want to spend the time configuring the channel lists. With this it would be an automated process, just for single TV Shows. The fact that it could just play your unwatched episodes allows you not to repeat anything would be great, their would always be something new on !!

Just an idea, like I say, but I'm sure there's other great ideas out there

Last edited:

o9r1sh

Sep 12, 2012
Michigan
Psuedo TV / Pseudo TV Live"Though it can be a chore to get it set up" is definately capable of providing the experience your looking for. If your able to fill your library with reliable 1 Click strm files such as those generated but Kinkin's TV Online addon or the Hulu addon you can get a really nice channel lineup going.

Here is an excellent guide covering pretty much every aspect of planning and implementing an effective Pseudo TV setup if you care to give it another go.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/101937312/9/RUNNING-PSEUDO-TV

Flapster

Nov 13, 2013
The Black Country, UK
Thanks o9r1sh, I'll give Pseudo another go with this guide. Maybe I need a bit more patience......

That aside I still think it would be interesting to see if anyone has any addon ideas..