Rookie trying to upgrade a firestick!!!!

ScottH626

May 29, 2017
I have an unlocked Amazon firestick... It is running 16something Jarvis, I would like to upgrade it to 17.3. Do I go by the latest upgrade and do a factory restore? If so, will that clear out the app and I will have to install everything again? Any input would be helpful, I am semi computer literate, lol.

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
I have an unlocked Amazon firestick... It is running 16something Jarvis, I would like to upgrade it to 17.3. Do I go by the latest upgrade and do a factory restore? If so, will that clear out the app and I will have to install everything again? Any input would be helpful, I am semi computer literate, lol.
first of all there is nothing to "unlock" in a firestick..... that's a misleading term probably from a "fully loaded" seller !

suggest you create a backup of your Jarvis build using the backup addon and save locally to the firestick
then uninstall kodi 16 and install kodi 17.3 and restore your backup....you may get a few errors/warnings on the way but you should get a reasonable restore...
...failing that just start again afresh and install your favourite addons.....you shouldn't have to many on a firestick anyway so that's probably the best option.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Kodi Support 0
R Welcome Centre 3
G Random Topics 1