Rooted android

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Not knowing what make\model of Android hardware you have then your best bet is to visit the Kingroot website and see if they have support for it on there. Otherwise you're going to have to go searching on Google for a mod that's specific to your hardware.

But I'd be very interested to know WHY you believe your system has to be rooted in order to watch NHL?

thnxs-coders

Dec 22, 2014
Last year i never had a problem but tonight i tried to watch bruins game and it never worked. now the QMJHL worked great.
Thanks for you help i will check kingroot I would rather not root if there is another way. i'll keep looking for a solution.

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
If you can't find a specific hack for this machine then the next step will be to try and get hold of a rooted firmware and burn that. This of course is the ultimate 'clean install' and, as usual, the warning is that the incorrect firmware or a problem during burning might brick the hardware. Searching on Google for 'minix 8h rooted firmware' is a good place to start.

I keep asking about your reason to root this box because there should be no need for you to do so just to be able to use an add-on to watch a video stream. I don't know the box so unless rooting it 'unlocks' something specific to what you need to be able to view these streams then I would leave well alone. If you want to confirm this with others with more knowledge of this box then it might be worthwhile posting a message along the lines of "Do I need to root my Minix in order to watch streams reliably" and see what the advice is.

Chadman

Oct 12, 2014
Actually the NHL section of vidtime specifically mentions rooting for the 5k streams. I think it's because of the changes it needs to make to the hosts file.

Alternately, make sure you have f4m host and f4m proxy installed and see if any of the TV channel streams in vidtime have the game you want to watch

cynycl

Oct 30, 2015
Chadman's exactly right. Woody set me up last night and the nhl app's picture quality was not as good as vitdtime's 5000k stream. Could be my nexbox unit though as it seems to struggle with the NHL app and runs kodi much smoother

cynycl

Oct 30, 2015
Nope he won't. Just Google your box type and root. Tons of info and YouTube videos to show you how. Its not hard to do. Just seems like it is at first but I know you can figure it out.

cynycl

Oct 30, 2015
You're welcome. The figuring it out is the best part of the adventure. Once its all running good you'll get bored😁

thnxs-coders

Dec 22, 2014
Yes rooting is very easy once you understand how to root.I now have rooted my minix 8h and my xuum. and tested to make sure they are rooted. Still not able to get what i wanted.So more digging to go. Thanks to all for guiding me .

Shanny

Jan 22, 2013
Where do you find F4m host and F4m Proxy. I have F4m Tester installed and my android is rooted but it seems Vidtime isn't updating my host file. I assume thats what its doing when it asks to modify your system.
cheers thanks