Rpi 2 Offical Openelec realeses with updated librtmp

streamsfine

Jan 16, 2014
I saw lots of buffering on live channels like BBC on the latest build and no advancedsettings tweak could fix it. When I rolled back to 5.0.8, things got back to normal. I wonder if isengard has live buffering issues. Which addon had problems with advancedsettings if you don't mind me asking? Thanx.

yuri1987

Aug 18, 2013
sorry for the dumb question, if milhouse build ships with updated librtmp, whats the difference from the ones offered here?

Bess

Mar 4, 2014
I have been trying to make my own updated librtmp for Pi1 on 6.0.0
I'm just not getting it!!
Has anyone succeeded in doing so and willing to share?

superceleron

Mar 20, 2015
I have been trying to make my own updated librtmp for Pi1 on 6.0.0
I'm just not getting it!!
Has anyone succeeded in doing so and willing to share?
why do you need a updated? theres no need a updated lib for Pi1 or 2... the last ones i compiled are the latest ones!

Bess

Mar 4, 2014
So Basically all I have done is unsquashed the SYSTEM file removed the librtmp files and replaced them with the latest ksv patched versions written by superceleron and shani from 2-2-2015 which can be found on the official librtmp help thread at the .org

I've then squashed the folder back up to create a new SYSTEM file created a new SYSTEM.md5 checksum (for the tar versions) and replaced the SYSTEM file with the new patched one.
Sorry if I was unclear as to what I was attempting.
I tried to do same for Pi1 as what "invisible" started to do, but now seems he is only updating latest OpenElec for Pi2
His last update for Pi1 is for OpenElec 5.0.8 and now that 6.0.0 is out I tried to inject "Superceleron's" updated lib into OpenElec 6.0.0 for Pi1.

Has anyone been able to do this and if so are they willing to share?

superceleron

Mar 20, 2015
If you are already on the 6.0 only change the SYSTEM, if you are on other simple update do 6 and then change the SYSTEM!

DWOOD32006

Jul 9, 2015
DFW
Can anyone help me understand how to update w/ this .system file from Supereleron?
I'm running OpenElec generic x86 6.0.0 build on a old Intel CPU

I have read through this but not sure on what/where this file to update is. I've looked through the storage folder but I dont see a file called SYSTEM. The updating is easy to update folder but this isnt a tar file.
Any help or post someone can direct me to would be greatly appreciated.

I did this on my PC running windows 10 and just copied over the file. Super easy...This one is puzzling me bit.

G0AT

Oct 23, 2015
Can anyone help me understand how to update w/ this .system file from Supereleron?
I'm running OpenElec generic x86 6.0.0 build on a old Intel CPU

I have read through this but not sure on what/where this file to update is. I've looked through the storage folder but I dont see a file called SYSTEM. The updating is easy to update folder but this isnt a tar file.
Any help or post someone can direct me to would be greatly appreciated.

I did this on my PC running windows 10 and just copied over the file. Super easy...This one is puzzling me bit.
The SYSTEM file is on the boot partition, not in storage. Replace that file with this one and then boot into openelec.

DWOOD32006

Jul 9, 2015
DFW
The SYSTEM file is on the boot partition, not in storage. Replace that file with this one and then boot into openelec.
Thanks for the reply. I am still trying to get a handle on this Open Elec and linux thing.. Newb obviously.
I do love it though. Runs great on an old PC w/ a dual core pentium and 3MB ram that was laying around the office. Paid $15 for an extra hard drive and in business plugged into the living room steroe. Now to just get some sport devil working like my windows laptop!

I am not sure how to access the boot partition. I do see system.d folder under configfiles. Is that what I'm looking for? I can access those through explorer via IP address but I'm not sure that what I should replace..
If its in the Root Files accessible via file manager in Kodi (I can't see root via IP address) I'm not sure where to look. I can easily copy it over but need to know where to go.
If you would give me a little more direction its greatly appreciated! I'm sorry but I need a dummy's guide : )

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
The system file goes into the update folder usually along with the kernal and an md5.
When you reboot you will see OE updating.

G0AT

Oct 23, 2015
Thanks for the reply. I am still trying to get a handle on this Open Elec and linux thing.. Newb obviously.
I do love it though. Runs great on an old PC w/ a dual core pentium and 3MB ram that was laying around the office. Paid $15 for an extra hard drive and in business plugged into the living room steroe. Now to just get some sport devil working like my windows laptop!

I am not sure how to access the boot partition. I do see system.d folder under configfiles. Is that what I'm looking for? I can access those through explorer via IP address but I'm not sure that what I should replace..
If its in the Root Files accessible via file manager in Kodi (I can't see root via IP address) I'm not sure where to look. I can easily copy it over but need to know where to go.
If you would give me a little more direction its greatly appreciated! I'm sorry but I need a dummy's guide : )
I think that the easiest way to access the boot partition is to attach the drive that is running openelec to a machine running windows. The boot partition should be the only one that comes up, and you should see the "SYSTEM" and "KERNEL" files in the root of that drive.