Rpi 2 Offical Openelec realeses with updated librtmp

DWOOD32006

Jul 9, 2015
DFW
Thank y'all fo My he replies. Still zooming over my head I'm afraid. Windows was a breeze to update.
So can I just rename the file system and copy to the update folder?

Not practicle for me to hook the hard drive to my laptop running Windows.
I wouldn't mind reinstalling with a disk image or .tar update file and then just installing back up on there.

Sorry to keep asking what is probably common sense to the experts!

Rickt1962

Oct 30, 2013
Silly question is updated librtmp only used for Spo*ts De*il or do other addons need it also ? Another question is it already updated on TVMC ?

ramos8414

Dec 14, 2015
The system file goes into the update folder usually along with the kernal and an md5.
When you reboot you will see OE updating.

I tried this but I got and .md5 file check error

Does anyone have a tar file with the modified openelec 6.0?

Last edited:

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
I tried this but I got and .md5 file check error

Does anyone have a tar file with the modified openelec 6.0?
If you update via the manual update method (putting files in update folder) you need a md5 checksum file.

If you dont have a md5 checksum file then you can just overwrite the whole SYTEM file with the updated one.

Easiest way for most is to remove the storage device openelec is installed on and use something like windows Explorer to swap files.

As always make sure you take a backup of your original file and if the file is in tar format make sure it's extracted first.

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
Havnt been around for a while just updated the first post with supcelerons files thanks Super !!

Last edited:

DjDiabolik

Dec 9, 2015
Silly question is updated librtmp only used for Spo*ts De*il or do other addons need it also ? Another question is it already updated on TVMC ?
I want to add......... on my Rpi2 i use OSMC whit latest upgrade. It's possible to obtain only the librtmp file and how i can install on osmc ?

And in add of this..... i need to install rtmpdump ?? How i can download and how i can install after ?

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
I want to add......... on my Rpi2 i use OSMC whit latest upgrade. It's possible to obtain only the librtmp file and how i can install on osmc ?

And in add of this..... i need to install rtmpdump ?? How i can download and how i can install after ?
Yeah, Superceleron has just the Librtmp file in his folder, the version in his openelec folder is statically linked for all distros so it also works on osmc.
On Osmc there is 2 locations of Librtmp.so.1 one in the /usr/lib folder and one in /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf

The one in the arm-linux-gnueabihf is untouched the version in the usr/lib folder has some patches applied to it and this is the file you would replace

When you say you want to install rtmpdump Im not sure what you mean do you want to compile a patched librtmp yourself ?
I do have the latest patched (Dec 2015) Librtmp for Rpi2 but it will only work on Osmc. Cross compiling is above me if you want the latest Librtmp for Osmc then I'll send you a link. I won't upload it here as most use Openelec and like I said the version I made won't work on Openelec.
Below is the link to supercelerons folder for reference
Code:
http://bit.ly/SCLibrtmp
## edit no longer required Sam has merged the latest patches from KSV so users of OSMC don't need to upgrade their librtmp

Last edited:

ramos8414

Dec 14, 2015
If you update via the manual update method (putting files in update folder) you need a md5 checksum file.

If you dont have a md5 checksum file then you can just overwrite the whole SYTEM file with the updated one.

Easiest way for most is to remove the storage device openelec is installed on and use something like windows Explorer to swap files.

As always make sure you take a backup of your original file and if the file is in tar format make sure it's extracted first.
Where can I get the System.md5 checksum file. I cant remove the storage device to another pc. Is it possible to create the .md5 file?

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
Yes you can create one. You will have to log in via ssh.
The script is as follows
md5sum /path/to/SYSTEM > /path/to save/SYSTEM.md5
As mentioned earlier in this thread it's easier to use milhouse lib hack method I'll dig out the post from the official forum and post it in the Librtmp thread recently posted here, that way you no longer need to worry.

Last edited: