Samsung Smart TV 5500

MikeTVNation

Mar 4, 2015
Samsung Smart TV 5500 [Solved]

My friend asked me over to see his new Samsung Smart TV 5500, and hopefully to add Kodi and TVaddons to his new set. I spent the morning looking for a way to get into the Smart Hub, so I could load in Kodi. Try putting the apk on a usb and plugged that into the set. The set found the usb, and would show only items that could be displayed (pdf, jpg, movies).

Has anyone heard of a successful load of Kodi on the Samsung Smart TV 5500?

Thank you for your time in reading, and hopefully, replying to this post.:D

Last edited:

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
Samsung smart tvs have an operating system that is just a number, if I recall it's Linux based but I could be wrong. I have a wonderful Samsung smart led tv but the smart part is just a gimmick. I couldn't even watch a local news video on it, it's a total joke and huge misconception to the public.

Samsung like Amazon just wants to sell you their videos at a premium, that's one reason why they won't let you install xbmc on their operating system.

Get a box of some sort if you want to experience xbmc, I prefer windows that way Netflix works well with it.

I would love it if you asked Samsung this question and post their response.

Last edited:

MikeTVNation

Mar 4, 2015
TheLion, thanks for the reply, now I can understand lgoodnight reply, he might have known about what you so thoughtfully mentioned. It's a bummer that one can't put Kodi on Samsung, but my buddy does have a box, and we were just looking for some way to fully use the tv and put the box in another room with another tv.

Thanks again, this explains alot.

bobsworld

Apr 21, 2015
Rocky Mount VA
Interesting topic I was just asked this same question yesterday. Of course I do not know. But just like anything else someone could do it without breaking the TV