Save the blobs

jamie6666

Dec 5, 2012
i got the blobs with tinyumberella in the end i went wrong not having itunes on my pc.

do i need to make a custom firmware now or could i do it in the future if anything went wrong never used snow breeze seem as soon as i conquer 1 small task it opena another

Krankie882

Banned
May 6, 2012
North wales
Can do it whenever you want mate , the mist important thing is you got your blobs safe , I made 2 custom firmwares last night and i had not used snow breeze before , it was really easy , use I faith mode and just follow instructions , watch a couple of YouTube videos to give you a better understanding , I have my firmwares saved in 3 different computers now

jamie6666

Dec 5, 2012
im just glad i got the blobs i got 3 but the 5.0.2 i think is the important one ill save them and hope i never need them

Jacksuarez7

Aug 17, 2012
Can do it whenever you want mate , the mist important thing is you got your blobs safe , I made 2 custom firmwares last night and i had not used snow breeze before , it was really easy , use I faith mode and just follow instructions , watch a couple of YouTube videos to give you a better understanding , I have my firmwares saved in 3 different computers now
Hi - tried using tinyumbrella to grab the blobs to no avail so am going to try snowbreeze (though I dread the thought it knackers the ATV) - any particular youtube vids you would recommend?

Jacksuarez7

Aug 17, 2012
Thanks - saw the 1st vid last night and used it to try grab the blobs but didn't get any joy. It picked up the ATV fine but got an error in the log saying that apple was no longer signing the various releases (wasn't exactly this wording but this was the upshot of it). I used an older version of tinyumbrella (6.0.00 or something) - maybe this was the problem. Will try again tonight and thanks for the assistance!

magda

Mar 27, 2013
I find 3 blobs on cydia server using iFaith-v1.5.6 "000003FEA91A1D0E_5.0.2-9B830_cydia" and "4392293637390-appletv2,1-6.0" and "4392293637390-appletv2,1-6.1" I use 5.0.2 one build "signed IPSW" flesh it with ITunes so my appletv2 is now 5.0.2.
when I try jailbrake with Seas0nPass I have error: Seas0nPass has detected critical error and cannot continue. Please ensure no conflicting software is running and try again.
I try few times but no lock I'm doing something wrong?

Dieselboyx

May 7, 2012
I have a HUGE problem. The apple tv 2G I have somehow got corrupted and when I open tiny umbrella I see invalid x.x.x and iFaith also gets stuck at waiting for Apple TV 2 when trying to dump SHSH blobs. Is there anyway in heck that I can still pull SHSH blobs from this apple tv?

Okay, for some reason iFaith finally decided to pull the SHSH after quite a while of trying.

The issue I have now is how can I fix the missing XBMC.png icon?

Last edited:

massy086

Sep 19, 2012
dublin(IRELAND)
did u ever get this sorted and if so how????
I have a HUGE problem. The apple tv 2G I have somehow got corrupted and when I open tiny umbrella I see invalid x.x.x and iFaith also gets stuck at waiting for Apple TV 2 when trying to dump SHSH blobs. Is there anyway in heck that I can still pull SHSH blobs from this apple tv?

Okay, for some reason iFaith finally decided to pull the SHSH after quite a while of trying.

The issue I have now is how can I fix the missing XBMC.png icon?

u4icpsychopath

Oct 10, 2013
N43° 13.2761', W079° 44.4031'
I have a question....it may not have relate to this discussion but it has to do with updating my jailbroken ATV2. I currently have ver 5.0.1 but want to get a version that has bluetooth enabled as I want to use an air mouse/keyboard with XBMC. Getting tired of the included ATV remote.....lol. From what I read I can update to the newly released IOS version but then I can only get a tethered jailbreak after. Do I have any options? Thanks in advance.

crusader88

Apr 19, 2013
Well the latest version will give a tethered I'm not sure what version has the bluetooth but if you have the blobs for any unether jb after that version you can do it