Saving new background art on mx2 box?

GumbyFromLumby

Mar 3, 2014
I made myself a really nice background art. Saved it to my usb stick. As soon as I pull the usb stick out of my mx2 box it disappears. How do I save my custom background art from my usb stick so it doesn't disappear when I remove my usb stick?

Thanks in advance.

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
You need to save it somewhere on the storage of the box and set the path to it in your background settings,otherwise if its set to look on your usb stick,it wont be there after you unplug it

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
If you have a file manager on your box in the android part of it you can use that to copy it from your stick and paste it to wherever.or you can use the file manager in xbmc

Open the file manager and in the left hand side navigate to your usb stick and the file you want to copy and in the right hand side have open where you want it to be copied too.
Bring up the context menu on the file you want (on the left hand side) and click copy and it will be copied to the destination you have open on the right hand side

If you use xbmc file manger,make sure to have enabled show hidden files and folders and also allow file rename and deletion,form xbmc settings first

AL8782

Jan 17, 2014
If you have a file manager on your box in the android part of it you can use that to copy it from your stick and paste it to wherever.or you can use the file manager in xbmc

Open the file manager and in the left hand side navigate to your usb stick and the file you want to copy and in the right hand side have open where you want it to be copied too.
Bring up the context menu on the file you want (on the left hand side) and click copy and it will be copied to the destination you have open on the right hand side

If you use xbmc file manger,make sure to have enabled show hidden files and folders and also allow file rename and deletion,form xbmc settings first

I enable show hidden files and folders, and also file rename and deletion. But when I go to file manage all I have on both sides is the sources I added plus profile directory and add source.

My flash drive isn't even showing or anything else on both sides.

I was about to change the back ground by going though file browser and just copy and paste the photo in the obb folder but that to many steps to do compare to how you explained file manager.

Also how do I create a folder under install from zip section?

Thanks for your help

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
You have to navigate to where your usb stick is

If its not in one of the sources already there (example profile directory),then you might have to add a new source that includes the drive/path/area where your usb is

If its the same box as gumby,then they should be able to tell you the path

Not sure what you mean by "create a folder under install from zip section"?
Install from zipfile means just that,you click on it and navigate to where a zipfile is and click to install whatever it is

Last edited:

AL8782

Jan 17, 2014
You have to navigate to where your usb stick is

If its not in one of the sources already there (example profile directory),then you might have to add a new source that includes the drive/path/area where your usb is

If its the same box as gumby,then they should be able to tell you the path

Not sure what you mean by "create a folder under install from zip section"?
When you go into install from zip you see all the sources you add plus root folder. On the bottom you see new folder option but you can't hilight unless I have to go somewhere and enable something that let's me do advance settings

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
If you need to make a new folder on your system you can do that in the file manager

What are you trying to do?

AL8782

Jan 17, 2014
I'm trying to make a folder where I can put photos in to retrieve so I can change the back ground in xbmc.

I was able to transfer a photo from my flash drive to a folder call obb. It was really the only folder I could find to store the photo. And after that I did he normal back ground change under settings. I changed the path to the obb folder.

What you mentioned about the file manager seems so much faster. But no external storages show up in my file manager.

Also what's the best size photo to use as a back ground.

Thanks again

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Or you could of course ssh into the box and just copy your picture over that way using putty or winscp or similar

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Im not sure as to where your external storage path is

When you go to install from zipfile you said you could see the root folder.Can you see your external storage in there? If yes,then go back to file manager and add a new source and add that root folder.Then you should be able to see your usb stick and copy it to wherever you want in one of the folders already there or make a new folder in file manager

AL8782

Jan 17, 2014
Im not sure as to where your external storage path is

When you go to install from zipfile you said you could see the root folder.Can you see your external storage in there? If yes,then go back to file manager and add a new source and add that root folder.Then you should be able to see your usb stick and copy it to wherever you want in one of the folders already there or make a new folder in file manager
Yeah I can see the external storage there.

Ok I'll give it a try

Thanks

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Cool

Just go to file manager and add source and make that root folder a source