Script errors on all add ons with ATV2

VegasATV

Jun 16, 2014
Hi everyone,

First post so please be gentle. I cannot seem to access add ons such as 1 Channel, Much Movies HD, Yify etc from my ATV2. Its a fairly recent problem. Here's my log file http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=228459

I was also having the same issue with Ice Films but disabling metadata worked....have disabled metadata on the addons that will let me like 1 Channel but no luck.

Finally, I have been able to search on youtube and play clips so I don't think its a lack of connection to the internet that's causing it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give (and I'm a real noob so links to help topics on how to complete actions would be much appreciated too !! If you feel I've posted this in the wrong forum, please let me know and I'll delete / relocate it.

VegasATV

Jun 16, 2014
Thanks Spanky. Did that and it's back to normal. Strange that it just went like that.....but all good now. Thanks !

robsmere

Jun 18, 2014
Wish the solution to my problems were as straightforward of a fix!

Am hoping someone knows what may be the problem with my recent reconfig on my Apple TV 2. I've used XBMC for over two years without issues that I haven't been able to fix "myself" reading through all your threads and workarounds. I've configured PCs, MACs, Apple TV 2, and Pivos XIOS without any issues.

My concern has to do with the recent bugs that became more apparent on version 13.1 Gotham and the old Repos and Addons with their updates pending. In my XBMC videos started rendering slow, and would take forever to populate on the Apple TV 2 and most if not all my add ons would crash. Live streams especially would only pop up for 2 seconds and then would freeze before crashing. This was with ****up as well as OnTapp.TV and USTVNow and with FTV. 1Ch**nel would take forever to render a link list as well, and most of the links were broken for the 2.3.0 version. With all the frustration I decided to make things worse and figured I'd reinstall from scratch.

I uninstalled XBMC version 13.1 (as that is where the problems for me began) and decided it would also be a good idea to delete all dependencies, and the user settings. I did this via SSH in Terminal from my MAC OSX 10.9. This was done to spec following section 5.1 5.2 & 5.3 from the XBMC Wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:Install_XBMC_on_Apple_TV_2

I ran the following command to remove the dependencies as instructed. I'll never do this again if you continue reading.
apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock && apt-get remove gawk && apt-get remove bsdiff

After reinstalling XBMC to version 13.0 following the instructions in section 4 of the article above, I had a successful install of XBMC to version 13.0. When I went to install the repos and all their various Apps, I get a dependencies not met notification for ****up, Ic*f*lms, 1Ch**nel etc... It seems that deleting the Dependencies maybe put me in this situation.

I decided then that I created my own mess, and then rejailbroke my Apple TV 2 to clear the file system for a fresh install. Reinstalled XBMC and then try adding various addons from ZIPs and online repos. Same thing happens, unable to run any video.

My question is, is Youtube a required add-on that is used for any streaming add-on? i.e. You want to run Ic*f*lms, 1Ch**nel or ****up but they won't run without Youtube installed first? I didnt install Youtube as the Fusion XBMCHUB Config Wizard addon has been down for days, hit dowload configuration and nothing happens when I tried that route. Or is this more related to the manual deletion of my dependencies listed above.

Whats the best procedure for getting my Apple TV 2 back to streaming? I feel like a complete idiot.