Selling kodi installed fire sticks at markups of up to 150% -Opinions?

Thatsnotnorml

Feb 28, 2016
I just bought my father in law a fire stick for his birthday and installed kodi, with the tvmc configuration. It goes without saying I'm now in the will.

Turns out a coworker of his has been selling these modded sticks for months and was originally charging $150.

This really infuriates me. I look at guys like rock crusher who literally spent more than half their days grooming and maintaining lists with no goal of capital gain. Why should these guys be able to profit off of others hard work when the developers are putting all of this work in to keep it free?!

Opinions welcomed, and not just those that align with my own.

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
Not totally accurate. Kodi team does not want their name associated with addons that "illegally" provide video. Otherwise they wouldn't care. They are hoping the box sellers fork Kodi and change the name. If anything, I think the box sellers hurt our community of devs. I agree it's not fair what is occurring. But what is really like to know is what the Devs feel about it.

samstoned

Feb 28, 2016
the burg
sort'o like what ebay dealers are doing with the raspberry pi zero ,they got them loaded with linux from raspberry and kodi
this device sold for 5.00 bucks US they are getting 30 to 100 for them
any licensed dealer is sold out, ahh capitalism
a complete setup in a box ,no remoting starts at 75 I'd rather pickup a cheap small pc for 10 bucks hide it behind tv.

when you put stuff out there people will use it to their gain, evil world mind suckers ah ah
donate ,donate donate
I noticed one dev who made a small app for android sold over 100,000 for 3.99 each thats a nice chunk of change