Server issues

sktn77a

Oct 17, 2015
Hello: I switched from Kodi 16.1 to Kodi 17.3 about a month ago and noticed that the fusion download process was incredibly slow. Right now, of course, nothing is working. How long have you been having slow server issues - is this the reason the indigo download was so slow for the last month or is it Kodi 17.3?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Prior to Monday June 5, there shouldn't have been any issues. For now of course, you will need to sit tight and wait for the revamping of servers and the moving around of various components is over before anyone can really help you with your problem.

Sorry for that.

Garywsenilor

Jun 8, 2017
I was having issues with KODI and 3rd party addons so I deleted it and reinstalled it 3 days ago. I cannot get Indigo to load properly showing the CONFIG in order to install your suggested programs. I have no problem installing single addons with the exception of Ex**us which takes over 10 minutes to install and then will still not work.

sktn77a

Oct 17, 2015
Prior to Monday June 5, there shouldn't have been any issues. For now of course, you will need to sit tight and wait for the revamping of servers and the moving around of various components is over before anyone can really help you with your problem.
OK, so it sounds like either Kodi 17.3 is very slow on the firestick or the new fusion/indigo is slowing it down (beyond the issue with the servers).

jpmakisupa

Jun 8, 2017
Thanks RavRob, you guys do such a great job. I will sit tight until everything works again. My question is how will we get the all clear? Twitter? Or somewhere on here? thanks

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Thanks RavRob, you guys do such a great job. I will sit tight until everything works again. My question is how will we get the all clear? Twitter? Or somewhere on here? thanks
I doubt there will be an all clear, changes like this generally happen in chunks, you are likely to see some things return today while others are still broken for maybe a week or two?

zxchris

Jun 8, 2017
So there's nothing else to put on a firestick to make it work?? Idk how this all works new to this

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
So there's nothing else to put on a firestick to make it work?? Idk how this all works new to this
It works out of the box for many things...

If you are referring to Kodi, there is a plethora of addons, both official and third party that can be added... As far as this site and it's addons the ones that remain and call this their 'home' will return in due time...

There are of course alternative ways to install the addons found here, but it's really beyond the scope of this forum right now...

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
It seems things are settling down a bit. I just received a couple of updates and installed Ex**us from Zip and then from Repository. Indigo is still having issues ATM. But for those who want to install some addons, the old fashion way works for now.

Petedabeat

Jun 7, 2017
Ex**us installation failed

Just attempted to install Ex**us from zip/repository with unfortunate results. Has anyone else been able to successfully install it?

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
How can you the old fashion way cause idk how? And jechill how?
Since there is server issues, you first download and install all the dependencies required by Ex**us (these can be found in the addon.xml file near the top under the 'requires' tag) from local zip copies of each dependency if you don't already have them installed, once that is done you install Ex**us from a local zip copy...

But, since the sever is up and down, this requires you to source all those dependencies and even Ex**us from other 'untrusted' source and/or websites, so a tutorial is beyond the scope of this forum...

zxchris

Jun 8, 2017
Yeah I can't figure out any of this starting to think it was a bad idea to get all this now. Or hope they get this fixed soon cause I've tried other builds and they don't work eitherQUOTE=Meep;421558]Since there is server issues, you first download and install all the dependencies required by Ex**us (these can be found in the addon.xml file near the top under the 'requires' tag) from local zip copies of each dependency if you don't already have them installed, once that is done you install Ex**us from a local zip copy...

But, since the sever is up and down, this requires you to source all those dependencies and even Ex**us from other 'untrusted' source and/or websites, so a tutorial is beyond the scope of this forum...[/QUOTE]

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
All in good time. They will fix things so it works well, not open the doors before it's ready for the masses and have to shut down again when things go south.

d.end.user

Jun 8, 2017
Intermittent

RavRob, thank you for the continued updates on multiple threads. It has been appreciated. Please continue if timeline moves beyond tonight.

Some downloads are working now, but not all.