setting up Wake on LAN from ios official xbmc remote app

podgey3874

May 17, 2012
can anyone help me set up the ios official remote app for xbmc to work via wake on LAN
i have a Revo rl700 with openelec installed and am wanting th turn the system on and off from standby via the remote app
can anyone give e a how to?

Bstrdsmkr

Mar 16, 2012
You'll need to enable wake-on-lan in your BIOS, the same place you changed the boot order. Once it's enabled in the bios, that's pretty much all there is to it on the machine side. Just enter your information on the remote side

podgey3874

May 17, 2012
You'll need to enable wake-on-lan in your BIOS, the same place you changed the boot order. Once it's enabled in the bios, that's pretty much all there is to it on the machine side. Just enter your information on the remote side
apparently my revo rl70 is wake on lan ready bstdsmkr i am having no problem turning off the revo via the remote app but i am unable to turn it on no matter what i try i have entered the mac address tried turning off to standby but nothing
i am starting to think openelc does not support it on the version i am using

Bstrdsmkr

Mar 16, 2012
It's a feature of the motherboard,.Openelec won't affect it. Did you verify that it's turned on in the bios?

Bstrdsmkr

Mar 16, 2012
Are you connected to the same local network? This won't work over cell service unless you set your router up for it