Sharing library between 2 PIs

trogggy

May 6, 2012
France
Easiest way:
Set up 1 Pi to share library via upnp.
In the other Pi set up the first pi's upnp as a source.
Go into that source and you see the library of the first Pi - you can set parts of the shared library as a separate source (eg Movies > Titles or TV shows.
If you want to mess you can use a skin that allows custom home items and set parts of the first Pi's library on your home screen, so eg you click Movies and it takes you to the Movie folder via upnp.

Advantage over mysql: it takes about 5 minutes to set up.
Disadvantages: Watched status / resume points are only set on the first Pi; if you use movie sets for some reason you can't see them on Pi number 2.

Dunkle

Jun 5, 2013
Cheers

Im using a Zyxel NSA320 which, from what I can work out, can do MySQL, but I just cant work out how ?
Do you have any knowledge ?

trogggy

May 6, 2012
France
I looked at mysql to run on a pi and decided it wasn't worth the pain. From reading on xbmc.org the devs see it as a dead-end, and upnp sharing in gotham will be more developed (ie watched status / resume features enabled). So I'm waiting. In the meantime I usually just copy the library from 1 pi to another.

So the answer is no, sorry.

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
its been a while since anything on this thread but i have been trying to set up upnp libary sharing on my xbmc setup.

I should start by saying i have ATV2 and raspberry Pi both set up with Gotham RC1

I have a TV show library on my ATV2 on which i have enabled upnp
On my Pi i have added the atv2 library as a source using upnp

I can see all the library held on the ATV2 on the Pi, but it just wont play the tv show from the Pi......am I missing something obvious.

logfile is here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=192984

bullsboy

May 28, 2012
Derbyshire, UK
Here's how mine is set up:
All local files are on a NAS drive in TV, Movies and Music folders
Each device has the relevant folders added as sources with scrapers - so all devices have same library
All the addons I use are installed on all devices (mostly GOTV and GOMovies nowadays)
I set up all my subscriptions on the Pi downstairs - because the userdata folder is in one of the folders that is shared by openelec the next bit is easy
On all other devices add the TV and Movies folders from the main Pi as video sources and install the library auto update addon
Set up an account at trakt.tv and install addon on all devices
Now all local and subscribed content will be the same on all devices and watched status will be synced

The great thing is when I add a new device, all watched statuses will transfer to that too

steve4cr

Feb 7, 2013
its been a while since anything on this thread but i have been trying to set up upnp libary sharing on my xbmc setup.

I should start by saying i have ATV2 and raspberry Pi both set up with Gotham RC1

I have a TV show library on my ATV2 on which i have enabled upnp
On my Pi i have added the atv2 library as a source using upnp

I can see all the library held on the ATV2 on the Pi, but it just wont play the tv show from the Pi......am I missing something obvious.

logfile is here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=192984

I think I am having the same issue using Windows 7 on Gotham. Logs appear to be the same
12:22:00 T:3058098176 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 1, path [upnp://