Should i get a fire tv or nvidia sheild

robsleeps

Dec 23, 2015
Thanks again for all the info. I think I'm waiting for this supposed new nvidia sheild to come out in a few weeks and compare my options with costs to see what looks the best.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
this is a different MXQ pro than what I have altho its specs look good at first glance the Amlogic S812 is outdated and isnt supported past kodi 15 don't buy a box that doesn't have Amlogic S905 or better. also dont buy one that doesn't have android 5.1 or better.

this is the MXQ pro I bought
https://www.amazon.com/VENSMILE-MXQ-Android-Lollipop-Streaming/dp/B01CZQNJQ8/ref=sr_1_32?s=tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1482325936&sr=1-32&keywords=mxq+pro
That's why I don't use Android. I stick to my Windows system. Android has too many things from China that aren't worth the money but can't really tell the difference from box to box.

cscott1

Jul 7, 2016
That's why I don't use Android. I stick to my Windows system. Android has too many things from China that aren't worth the money but can't really tell the difference from box to box.
Yeah lots of old stuff still on the market. You can get a really good deal on a box that will play kodi just fine just do some research first.

gray198

Apr 26, 2016
I like my Rasp Pi3. However don't really have anything to compare it to other than M8 Amlogic box which is currently gathering dust. There doesn't seem to be any support for it in terms of Libreelec unless anyone knows different. Seen some Windows mini computers such as Sumvision which may be suitable and also recommendations for Asus Chromebox, but it's a bit pricey and how much better would it be than Rasp??

robsleeps

Dec 23, 2015
Refurbished $155 at Amazon.
I saw that but it says that it "normally ships in 1-2 months"

I forgot to mention that I want a box that will allow me to use my pia vpn directly through the box so I can reflash my router to stock to get my full wifi speeds back. I'll need a WiFi box in my bedroom and a ethernet option for my living room.