Bug Shoutcast2 not working properly anymore with KODI official release and nightly betas.

infobits

Feb 28, 2016
Hello, I notice that all my android KODI versions are having issues with the SHOUTCAST2 app where it fails with network errors or says it failed to load an audio codec or something. It is very sporadic where it sometimes starts connecting to stations okay, but then as you start changing stations, it eventually starts failing and throwing errors again. It remains in this state for awhile constantly erroring out on all stations... then later it might connect and play successfully again. But try changing stations again and it will again go into Failing mode. Over and over.
Shoutcast2 developer can you look into this problem? It happens on the official KODI 16 release as well as all the nightly builds I have tried. On my GBOX MX2 android box, on all my Amazon Fire TV boxes and Fire TV Stick and android tablets. Buggy.:(

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Shoutcast2 has nothing to do with this site. You need to go to http://forum.kodi.tv for support.

Just a head's up, You might want to be a bit more friendly over there....calling the software Buggy and demanding the developer look into it will not get you anywhere.

infobits

Feb 28, 2016
Shoutcast2 has nothing to do with this site. You need to go to http://forum.kodi.tv for support.

Just a head's up, You might want to be a bit more friendly over there....calling the software Buggy and demanding the developer look into it will not get you anywhere.
Well thanks for pointing that out that this type of bug should not be posted here. I read the forum title description saying to report bugs here... so I thought it was appropriate and older Shoutcast2 problem reports I had read elsewhere sort of eluded to a problem of a newer version of a library file of sorts (I can't remember) that is installed on the system(s) that caused issues. So I have no idea if the problem is in actual Shoutcast2 code or with code that is included with installing Kodi itself.

And where in my previous post did you see that I was DEMANDING the developer fix the bug? I was simply asking if they could look into it. I think you were in some kind of bad mood on your end if that is the sentiment that you felt from my bug report post. Anyway, if this is not the best place to inquire about Shoutcast2 problems, I will cease to discuss it here. Thank You!