[SHOW AND TELL] WHAT is YOUR SETUP?

raspberry.pi

Jun 11, 2013
as im laid up in a chair for a while i thought i would connect my rpi to my old dvd player so i could see it up close and it turned out pretty good and then i also connected my usb hub too
also you can see i have a thing for binder clips
what do you thing any suggestions?
close up

usb hub

and zoomed out

in these photos im running raspbain but i have xbmc running up on the screen in the family room,bed room and den and then i have another sd card to run it on this raspberry pi

Shiz

Nov 6, 2012

running Markrich image.
With IR receiver from an old PVR i had lying around.

Kc6nsf

May 30, 2013
Antelope Valley California
My first time uploading images here. This is my Raspberry Pi. 2 Amp main supply, 1 amp added to a $3.00 hub to power wi-fi, mouse, & keyboard. Heatsinks & fan have been added. Slightly overclocked and works perfect. Average temperature is 115F.

Can somebody help me, I can't get my images to upload!

Last edited:
May 6, 2012
England
upload them to somewhere like photobucket or imageshack and then you just copy the URL for the photo (there should be a link that says something like "copy URL" but if not you can right click on the uploaded photo, go to properties and copy the URL from there).

jetsmike73

Dec 20, 2013
My pi in the conservatory for the kids to play with running rasbmc at the moment untill I sort out another with pia vpn anker remote keyboard/touch pad hard wired to my router with 2tb nas and 2A psu :cool:

Last edited:

Ednargocat

Sep 26, 2013
My Rocking Heat Sinking Aluminium XBMC Pi Case

My Pi runs in Turbo Mode full time and keeps a temp of between 40c to 46c ... I make these enclosures.

I also have them in different colours:

These are my overclock settings:
arm_freq=1100
core_freq=550
h264_freq=350
isp_freq=0
v3d_freq=350
sdram_freq=600
over_voltage_sdram=6
over_voltage=8
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
disable_overscan=1
hdmi_ignore_cec=1
temp_limit=80
avoid_pwm_pll=1

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Guys,please dont use the forum to advertise your businesses or stuff for sale

I know its probably innocent,but it can open up the flood gates to all sorts of problems,so for the safety of all our users,please refrain

Thanks guys

bigfatolly

Mar 18, 2014
Raspberry Pi Mark 2 uk made
Pibow Ninja case
Raspbmc
8gb class 10 SD card
TomTom SatNav Power Supply with Blackberry USB Cable
Wifi Dongle.

Marcos

Oct 20, 2013
Northern europe
Raspberry Pi 512Mb (Model B? I have another one with ethernet and 256Mb <- old model B?)
Generic black plastic case.
1Gb microSD with adapter.
8Gb Usb stick as storage.
OpenELEC as frontend for my MythTV backend combined file/media server.
Powered from my old (5 years or so) 42" LG TV's USB port. Why the TV or the USB port has not crapped out yet is beyond me. I doubt it was designed to source close to 1A of current.
DIY IR receiver for those back and menu buttons that for some (idiotic) reason the LG won't send by CEC.

When I get around cleaning my flat and reorganising the furniture (for kinetic, can't get far enough from the darn thing if I don't stand on the sofa!), I have plans to put the Pi inside the TV's case for better integration. I really hate all the extra wires and I am confident of my soldering skills.:cool:

Mysterex

Oct 15, 2014

I wanted more of a physical appliance look rather than the clear cased Raspberry Pi that sat under my TV for the past few years or so, so i built this media box out of scrap wood.

Its got a new Raspberry Pi B+ model mounted on brass pcb standoffs
- front panel usb port with Flirc IR remote dongle in it at the moment but will free it up when i replace with the Slice RF wireless remote and usb dongle when it arrives
- front panel power switch, The X in the front panel is drilled vent holes that doubles as power indicator as it glows dim red with the pi onboard power led
- room for an internal usb hdd (added lots of vent holes at bottom and top) but i use a big NAS so not needed at the moment
- microSD card is 8gb (noobs one) and I dual boot both openelec and raspbmc flavours

works well for me !

Last edited:

mrpickem

Aug 4, 2015
Original setups been running 3 months or so...openelec w/ kodi
Very cheap..<$50 plus sd card, mouse and phone charger already laying around

Recently bought nicer setup with official case, 32gb sandisk, heat syncs & 2 amp/2 port charger for around $80. Used a $5 mouse and the wifi adapter previously bought.

The fit is much better on official case even though it was $13 I like it. Plan to overclock and sometimes it runs long time so heat syncs were added. Still just running Isengard on wifi...streams great. No real downloading but I do stream quite a bit of personal media to game room about 50' from router. Really an amazing little device, just bummed I only found out about it 3 or 4 months back.

Price around as deals differ quite a bit. 1st order got pi, case & wifi nub for $46 although the wifi nub was crap and didn't work worth a shit. I bought this one for $9 and it is great! Good wireless mouse for $4.50.

2nd go round..
Pi...$39
32GB..$13.90 (16gb was $9.99)
Case...$13.60
Heat syncs...$3
charger...$5 (Very nice trendnet charger I caught on sale...leave extra cable hooked in for phone charging if someone needs it.
mouse...$4.50

Dont really use keyboard except maybe during initial setup...just using wired usb cheapo

May put together a few more for family and friends...figure once everything setup like I want..just image the card

sirhc

Oct 26, 2015
stuck in bed
Pi 2 model b (latest model) with modded hard wired reset switch
2gb samsung boot only msd
750gig external hdd partitioned with 32gig partition for pi root file system and 700gig ntfs partition with music and video files
2amp psu that powers the Pi and hyperion leds
2amp powerd usb hub for remote dongle and sound card
hyperion led lightset (ambilight clone)
i2c external led lcd display
usb external sound card for digital audio out to 5.1 amp
controlled with a wireless mini keyboard thats modded with a Qi charger for wireless Qi charging

running customised (by me) rasbian wheezy and a weekly build of kodi Isengard that the pi builds every thursday night direct from git.

the i2c external led lcd display shows a digital clock when kodi is inactive and while watching video/movies/playing music it shows time remaining, current playing file name (track or video name) data throughput, speed of internet data that cycles in a loop through each of the
options.

the setup is remotely managed from either my laptop or tablet using ssh and vnc connections.

might get a couple of picture of the lcd and hyperion leds the next time i make it down stairs.

Jaspreet.singh2201

Sep 24, 2015
Pi 2 model b (latest model) with modded hard wired reset switch
2gb samsung boot only msd
750gig external hdd partitioned with 32gig partition for pi root file system and 700gig ntfs partition with music and video files
2amp psu that powers the Pi and hyperion leds
2amp powerd usb hub for remote dongle and sound card
hyperion led lightset (ambilight clone)
i2c external led lcd display
usb external sound card for digital audio out to 5.1 amp
controlled with a wireless mini keyboard thats modded with a Qi charger for wireless Qi charging

running customised (by me) rasbian wheezy and a weekly build of kodi Isengard that the pi builds every thursday night direct from git.

the i2c external led lcd display shows a digital clock when kodi is inactive and while watching video/movies/playing music it shows time remaining, current playing file name (track or video name) data throughput, speed of internet data that cycles in a loop through each of the
options.

the setup is remotely managed from either my laptop or tablet using ssh and vnc connections.

might get a couple of picture of the lcd and hyperion leds the next time i make it down stairs.
Will it be possible for you to put up some pics. Your setup sounds really cool

nickmax1

Oct 27, 2015
Raspberry Pi Model 2
Flirc case
Openelec
8gb class 10 SD card
External HD 2tb Western Digital.
Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 Plus
D-Line Large Cable Tidy Unit - Black (to cover it all up including hard drives/NAS and other things)