Sideclick attachment for Firestick

DGM

Aug 20, 2014
Since I use Firesticks and FireTVs at home, I'm posting this here.

Anyone used the Sideclick For Firestick yet? I came across it purely by accident, did a search here and the only posts were back 2015 when it was still a Kickstarter.

We run 4 devices in the home and 3 of those we use TV and AFTV controllers, the 4th uses TV, AFTV, and soundbar controllers.

With 7 grandsons running around we sometimes have issues with the location of a controller. Might be nice to only have to keep track of one per TV and since we have some pretty basic setups in each of the rooms, an expensive Harmony controller seems an overkill (we had one in the living room until a grandson destroyed it).

So, if you have used one, speak up, are they worth the $25?

Thanks folks.

DGM

Aug 20, 2014
Howdy folks,

So, since I got no replies, I went ahead and spent the $23 for a SideClick.

Took less than 5 minutes to set it up. It now controls the tv on and off, the enter button, the input button, and the up and down for channels. On the sound bar, it controls the up and down for volume, and on and off. I seldom use any of the other buttons but the remote is only a few feet away if I feel the need to up the bass or something.

The only thing I have given up is the input of a channel directly, but I believe my TV can handle that with it's channel guide.

Got to say, so far it was simple as could be to setup, it is a little wide in the hand, but I think that feeling with go away with use, and everyone is happy with only using 1 remote.

Now that I think about it, I am gonna have to probably reset the enter key to the channel guide, hmmm. My enter buttom was only really being used as enter after changing input, and if I don't hit enter, after a few seconds, it auto does it, so, there you have it. I'll let ya'll know in a few days how it's going.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Apple TV 2 1
C Amazon Fire TV 7
L Random Topics 0