Sideclick

Calum

Mar 31, 2014
Hey guys,

I'm not sure how this is going to go over, if it'll be viewed as spam or not. I'll admit, I paid into this kickstater so I'm not without bias. That said, I'm not going to gain anything if people view the link, or if they buy in.

Anyway, this is a link to a kickstarter for a product that is intended to attach to a fire TV remote and give you extra buttons that can be programed for things like TV power, source, volume, etc. I think it's a stellar idea but they aren't getting funding as fast as they/I hoped. So, I'm going out on a limb and posting here to see if there would be any more interest from you guys.

Code:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1895389752/sideclick-streamline-your-streaming-experience
Thanks for looking,

And sorry if this type of post offends anyone.

Last edited:

Calum

Mar 31, 2014
That's a pretty cool idea. I'll have a think about that
Keep in mind that, as with any kickstarter they don't take your money until they've reached their payment goal. That doesn't remove all risk, but it certainly removes some.

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
Hey guys,

I'm not sure how this is going to go over, if it'll be viewed as spam or not. I'll admit, I paid into this kickstater so I'm not without bias. That said, I'm not going to gain anything if people view the link, or if they buy in.

Anyway, this is a link to a kickstarter for a product that is intended to attach to a fire TV remote and give you extra buttons that can be programed for things like TV power, source, volume, etc. I think it's a stellar idea but they aren't getting funding as fast as they/I hoped. So, I'm going out on a limb and posting here to see if there would be any more interest from you guys.

Code:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1895389752/sideclick-streamline-your-streaming-experience
Thanks for looking,

And sorry if this type of post offends anyone.
I saw that on a couple of other sites. Looks cool even though it's not really for me. But I'm surprised to hear it did't get the funding (yet.) I think the issue is more advanced users are using Flirc or some other remote with extra features, while at the other end of the spectrum they don't even think about changing/modding things from stock. So the buyer pool is pretty small--could be wrong about that. Regardless, I hope it meets the goal because having more choices is a good thing!

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
Those features are on any windows or android device remotes. Which brings me right back to the same question why does everybody like the fire tv so much? Just not being able to turn volume up or down from their remote is reason right there for rejection much less the other features that their remote won't do.

Ill never understand.

ccadi

May 7, 2012
RepubliK of Mancunia
I'd say it's the price point. I set one up yesterday and thought it was good for the money, not worth rejecting it over having tv remote handy for volume, I mean you set the volume then watch whatever, it's not something your fiddling with constantly

As an after thought you could remap the ff and rw keys with keymapper to do the volume?

Calum

Mar 31, 2014
Those features are on any windows or android device remotes. Which brings me right back to the same question why does everybody like the fire tv so much? Just not being able to turn volume up or down from their remote is reason right there for rejection much less the other features that their remote won't do.

Ill never understand.
The ability to run Netflix and the like in HD makes it much more attractive than most other android boxes. Being able to launch said apps from kodi and not having to run them in a browser makes it much more attractive than any other OS. If I only wanted it for Kodi then there would a lot of other options I'd chose first.

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
The ability to run Netflix and the like in HD makes it much more attractive than most other android boxes. Being able to launch said apps from kodi and not having to run them in a browser makes it much more attractive than any other OS. If I only wanted it for Kodi then there would a lot of other options I'd chose first.
Yes. Thats the downside of most android tv boxes. The specs vs price are competitive with aftv but in the end the more commercial boxes have the edge. And i could care less about netflix and prime but the wife & kids are a different story. Aside from that, the price needs to be good to sacrifice those services.
Plus, those streaming services help sell boxes which should mean more incentive for the big companies to compete. Rumor has it Apple is FINALLY going to pay attention to streaming customers. I doubt theyll embrace kodi but that competition is good. It drives other companies to make a better device and it should also mean prices will stay low....hopefully!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Kodi Support 1
C Apple TV 2 1