Sideclick

Calum

Mar 31, 2014
Hey guys,

I'm not sure how this is going to go over, if it'll be viewed as spam or not. And given that kodi is dropping support for the Apple TV I doubt many here will be interested, but I thought I'd give it a try. I'll admit, I paid into this kickstater so I'm not without bias. That said, I'm not going to gain anything if people view the link, or if they buy in.

Anyway, this is a link to a kickstarter for a product that is intended to attach to a apple TV remote and give you extra buttons that can be programed for things like TV power, source, volume, etc. I think it's a stellar idea but they aren't getting funding as fast as they/I hoped. So, I'm going out on a limb and posting here to see if there would be any more interest from you guys.

Code:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1895389752/sideclick-streamline-your-streaming-experience
Thanks for looking,

And sorry if this type of post offends anyone.

Last edited:

velocity

Sep 6, 2013
Sounds like you may be reinventing the wheel.
The Apple TV can be "trained" to use any third party IR remote.
So you take your TV/Cable remote and train the apple to recognize it and you have all the control you just mentioned as well as control of the Apple TV onthe one remote.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Kodi Support 1
C Amazon Fire TV 7