Simple Favorites-Featured Helix Skin Recommendation For ATV2?

andraleia

Jan 17, 2017
I'm setting up my partner with Kodi on their ATV2, and am looking for the right skin for my purposes.

As Helix is the last version available for the ATV2, it has to be something that runs on it.

My goal is to setup Kodi in a simple, easy user-interface geared towards running Ex**us. As such, I'm planning to bookmark her Trakt.tv Movies, Trakt.tv TV Shows, and maybe a search feature as well as Ex**us itself, and want these to be accessible all at her fingertips while hiding things she won't be using and could get lost in – like file browsers, Video browsers, etc.

What's worked well for me lately is setting up Estuary this way, as you have the option to disable all main-menu items individually and as Favorites sits as a main-menu item as opposed to a star at the bottom. This means that I can set it up so that Favorites is the first, and really only, thing that shows up when Kodi is booted.

Any recommendations on a theme for Helix that will allow me to achieve this, and will be 10-Foot-UI focused / will run will on an ATV2?

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
If you're trying to bookmark sections of an addon like Ex**us you're likely to run into problems, why not just have one link on there which takes you into Ex**us and navigate through the addon. You will encounter all kinds of caching issues trying to setup bookmarks from the home screen. Also, I'd consider just putting your hand in your pocket & getting a new device, I'm surprised Ex**us even works on Helix, I suspect compatibility with that version of Kodi won't last much longer at all.

With regards which skin to use, any skin other than Confluence would most probably be able to achieve what you are asking, it's just a case of looking through them until you see one you like the look of.

andraleia

Jan 17, 2017
@FXB78 – while your advice is appreciated, it's not really what I asked for.

I don't want a new device. Ex**us runs fine on Helix, on my ATV2.

I have run for the last year bookmarking these sections of Ex**us. It works great, and I've never had an issue.

So I'm not interested in changing these things.

What I *am* interested in are the names of Skins to check out that a) work on Helix and b) can be setup to default to the favorites screen.

Tikipeter

Apr 22, 2014
I don't really understand why you don't just go into the Kodi repository on your Helix install and check which skins are available. As most people don't run Helix anymore, they won't likely remember which skins were around when Kodi was at 14.2.

Really, YOU'RE in a better position to answer the question you asked than nearly everybody who reads your thread. Most others would have to install Kodi Helix, and then look in the Kodi repository for which skins are available. You have the ability to do that right now.

In saying that, I do think I was using the Mimic skin at that time, and it allowed customization of the homescreen by incorporating the skinshortcuts script. So there will almost definitely be other skins in the Kodi repo from that time that allow the same functionality. It is not based on using 'Favorites' to achieve this, but is actually a better system to customizing the Homescreen with many more options available to you.

Good Luck.

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
I think I used "confluence mod" back then...

Does simple favourites disable caching ?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Underground News 0
P Kodi Support 0
D Apple TV 4 3