Skin is automaticlly changing

DOGONE

Jul 17, 2015
Canada
I don't know what's going on I have done nothing, this one build I am using uses Xonfluence skin, menu bar color was customized by him, now when I started KODI everything was fine from start 2 mins later after the updates, it went black for about 15 seconds then Xonfluence skin went back to basic color, my backgrounds in appdata folder Xonflence skin backgrounds, "MY backgrounds" are there but when I went to change it thinking there were not active it showed no backgrounds, and it wouldn't let me change it. Any help would be great.

I hope this has nothing to do with me installing McAfee internet security.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
The obvious answer is "You'll have to ask the author", I don't really know what else to suggest. It sounds like the 'build' you are using has an outdated version of the skin & when Kodi runs updates it updates the skin & wipes out the modded version. But of course I don't know that for sure.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I don't know what's going on I have done nothing, this one build I am using uses Xonfluence skin, menu bar color was customized by him, now when I started KODI everything was fine from start 2 mins later after the updates, it went black for about 15 seconds then Xonfluence skin went back to basic color, my backgrounds in appdata folder Xonflence skin backgrounds, "MY backgrounds" are there but when I went to change it thinking there were not active it showed no backgrounds, and it wouldn't let me change it. Any help would be great.

I hope this has nothing to do with me installing McAfee internet security.
And this is why we posted this:
https://www.tvaddons.co/kodi-builds-risks/

DOGONE

Jul 17, 2015
Canada
He had mentioned he took his builds offline, but that was over a week ago, and it was still running fine until this morning. When the skin changed.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Only the author knows what they did and changed to create their 'build' so they are the ones you will need to ask for help with anything related to the build, this forum does not support any builds...

If you want help here, you will need to nuke that build entirely and start clean with Indigo and the supported addons here...

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Xonfluence as a skin is supported over at the main Kodi Forums.

You are using a Build where the author took the original Xonfluence skin and changed the code so it looked the way he wanted it to.

As FXB78 pointed out it's likely that the author of Xonfluence updated his skin and it wiped out the changes made by the author of the Build and put things back to how they originally were.

The author of the build you are using can tell you how to change things back. Maybe - and that's a big maybe - the author of Xonfluence can tell you what parts of his code to change in order to change the colours (but as soon as you tell him you're using a build you'll probably be chucked off the Kodi Forums.) No one here can tell you what changes to make.....not because we don't want to but because no one here supports the code and knows what it's doing internally.

Hope that answers your question.

Last edited:

DOGONE

Jul 17, 2015
Canada
So I re-installed KODI, pasted my saved appdata folder that I saved from before this happend, disconnected from internet deleted his wizard and name, it has been over 5 mins and nothing has changed. It is the way you seen it in that image here. http://prntscr.com/f850td

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
So I re-installed KODI, pasted my saved appdata folder that I saved from before this happen
So you restored the same build that is/was causing the problem, that really gets you nowhere on this forum... As state above multiple times now, builds are not supported here, contact the author of your build for help...

If you want help here you need to completely wipe the build off your device (aka don't restore anything, start from scratch and new) and do a 100% clean build of the supported addons here...

If you want to tweak the default Confluence skin to look different that help can be found on the official Kodi forums, just don't give them the slightest hint that you are using and 3rd party addons or builds or they will run you off the forum tarred and feathered...

AsphyxNYC

Apr 7, 2017
I can confirm that the Original Owner of Xonfluence has recently updated his skin!
My suggestion would be to uninstall whatever Xonfluence skin you currently have and install it from the original author.
Then whatever changes you make should stick after the skin updates.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
I can confirm that the Original Owner of Xonfluence has recently updated his skin!
My suggestion would be to uninstall whatever Xonfluence skin you currently have and install it from the original author.
Then whatever changes you make should stick after the skin updates.
He doesn't know what changes were made though as he was using a 'build'. I guess the answer is to wait for the build to be updated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Kodi Skins 2
C Kodi Skins 2
G Kodi Skins 2