Skin keeps resetting back to default

Petebutty

Oct 15, 2013
Hey guys,
So, I've had to do a fresh start and populated kodi with the fire tv config wizard
(done this plenty of times before when things start going wrong) and started building up the home screen for easier access to what I use most.

Only problem is that when I restart kodi, it defaults back to the original settings. So far it's happened twice, very frustrating and time consuming.

I've tried deleting the gui settings xml in the hope it would sort it out but it's still resetting back.

Anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

Yobpar

Jan 13, 2016
I had the same issue happening when I upgraded to kodi 16.0. Sorry I don't have/know a solution as I reverted back to v15.2. I found it also very strange that the skin kept resetting, but I didn't bother looking into it because v16.0 was too demanding for the fire tv in terms of cpu usage.

Everything is been working fine since going back to v15.2

Petebutty

Oct 15, 2013
I'm using fire tv( 1st gen) on kodi 16.0 too,

I did have problems operating when using the library function, but since not integrating to library and just using SA*TS for most of my tv shows, it seems quite snappy.
Still none the wiser with this gui problem tho, so just started using kodi favourites for linking my most commonly used sections of addons.

Never used to bother with that function but now I don't know how I managed without it.

Yobpar

Jan 13, 2016
Yeah I cannot disagree, the favorite option is great but try out super favorites and you will be amazed.

I can understand with a few changes you can make kodi v16.0 work on fire tv, but I don't see the point when everything is working great on v15.2. I guess '' If it ain't broken don't break it''

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Kodi Skins 2
C Kodi Skins 2
G Kodi Skins 2