sky f5 box

pfj

Oct 31, 2012
Norn Irn
I've been looking at alternatives for when the boxes do eventually go off and a few people are going down the IPTV route. Does anyone know much about them? You can get full subscriptions for various packages at a reasonable price. I'd mainly just want premier league so this may be an option.

Red67

Aug 19, 2013
Liverpool, UK
I've been looking at alternatives for when the boxes do eventually go off and a few people are going down the IPTV route. Does anyone know much about them? You can get full subscriptions for various packages at a reasonable price. I'd mainly just want premier league so this may be an option.
The price is high at the moment but they will com,e down as more people get onto it. If as being said other ways do go then this is the next thing that will take off. But it is said that CC is going to be sorted. Here's to the future.

jamrags

Sep 11, 2012
Currently I have a F5 with a Subscription for £20 per month, I've had it for about 4-5 months with no problems and that is all channels. Mainly I use it for football coverage and then I have XBMC with the usual addons with Offside Streams for my Saturday 3pm kick offs especially :) anyone unsure on the F5 feel free to ask.

stammie

May 10, 2012
The Blue Nowhere
I don't know too much about iptv boxes, I did read on another forum a guy giving a glowing review of a couple he tried out.
Unfortunately it was a much more mainstream forum than this one and his posts got taken down after a few days so I don't know the exact boxes,
I seem to remember his major issue was everything was in Chinese with no English instructions but once he'd figured out how to switch to English he was amazed at the choice and quality available.

jamrags

Sep 11, 2012
Found this

Main Functions:
1, Dual-Core CPU , 396MHz MIPS Processor
2, Supports HDMI 1.3
3, PVR Functions
4, NIT search Supported
5, AV / HDMI Output, Full 1080pi HD
6, Support cccamd, MGcamd, Avatarcamd
7, Support USB wifi, weather forecast
8, Come with Sharp Tuner, high signal quality

Both use excatly same software and channels lists.
Not much diffrence apart from F5 looks smarter
F5 has 1 x Scart aswell as HDMI and USB port is on back on F5
F3 does not hav a scart and Usb port is at front.

Red67

Aug 19, 2013
Liverpool, UK
I will be getting the F3s box in the next month or so as it will replace sky as you can use there box for freesat the sky box still has all the channels in the epg.

It's a cheaper option than buying a freesat box.

satmanuk

Mar 5, 2015
im sure the boxes here and card sharing is not allowed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk