Sleep MODE

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
Have a new problem...

My Fire Tv box fails to rest

It never sleeps....

I shut off xvmc, (using force stop just in case) and even tried force stop on all other factory installed apps.

I have tried to shut it down by using the HOME button as well

I think that I have tried just about any option on the menu.

Yes, it does shut off by pulling the plug LOL

Any suggestions???

Thanks guys

HenryFord

Jan 6, 2014
Once rooted, in SPMC i use "suspend" in power saving options and set to a desired time. Puts the unit to sleep no prob. I think the new version of Gotham might have this "suspend" option in there as well, not sure.

JAPGEISHA

Aug 8, 2012
Once rooted, in SPMC i use "suspend" in power saving options and set to a desired time. Puts the unit to sleep no prob. I think the new version of Gotham might have this "suspend" option in there as well, not sure.
my firetv is rooted with spmc 13.3.2 i have the option suspend and i set it to 15mn and all it does if xbmc is not playing go kind of sleep mode but the light still on a lll the time . if i exit completely to home screen usually you wait for 20 mn and it goes off by itself this time no it does not . maybe with spmc is not possible with gotham 13.2 is possible ?????

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
Thanks guys but i don't really want to root the device.

I have others that SLEEP as designed and i was hoping there was a solution for this?

gerikss

Developer
Aug 10, 2014
I had the same issue after I installed SSHServer app to connect to my FireTV from my PC. Never went to sleep.
But works fine after I deleted the app. Check if you don't have anything similar.

crawl

May 7, 2012
Kansas City, MO
I had the same issue after I installed SSHServer app to connect to my FireTV from my PC. Never went to sleep.
But works fine after I deleted the app. Check if you don't have anything similar.
Which app? I have an SSH/SFTP server running all the time, and mine sleeps just fine.

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
Naah, no apps installed at all, just the factory ones that I have never even opened, but as stated, I went through them all only to do a Force Stop

I loaded XBMC with adb. install on phone

TheSponge

May 25, 2014
i really have no need to add a hard drive or get any app that is on my phone
I only use the box for XBMC
Well root doesn't just do that..

Root can let you auto launch into XBMC so it looks exactly like just a XBMC box.
On top of the small other features you can gain by rooting.

dirty

Oct 5, 2012
Is it detrimental to the box to not put it in sleep mode? I assumed that it can stay on all the time and I just turn off my tv. That is how I treat my ouya for last year and seems fine. Only had my fire tv for a couple of days though.

KLit75

Jun 10, 2014
When I read this thread a couple of days ago I just assumed the op wasn't going into power saving options and selecting the appropriate actions. But last nite I installed 13.2 nonlauncher and my ftv won't sleep. I'll say I remember the default being set to 3 mins before I put in all my customizations and switched it to 10. Maybe that's the issue? I set the time too high? I'm gonna try and report back...just wanted to see if anyone knows of anything else that might prevent sleep.

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
WallllllAAAAHHHH

Problem solved by Amazon
Box will now sleep

Solution: Went into DISPLAY AND SOUNDS;
Screen Saver;
Start Time;
and changed Start Time from 5 minutes to NEVER

Now Fixed..... Amazon Fire goes to sleep loloololol

I gotta thank the tech at Amazon for that one.
Just never wanted to load some sleep app via root as an unnecessary process :eek:

Peace

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
When I read this thread a couple of days ago I just assumed the op wasn't going into power saving options and selecting the appropriate actions. But last nite I installed 13.2 nonlauncher and my ftv won't sleep. I'll say I remember the default being set to 3 mins before I put in all my customizations and switched it to 10. Maybe that's the issue? I set the time too high? I'm gonna try and report back...just wanted to see if anyone knows of anything else that might prevent sleep.
Ya, NO
the tech told me that instead of going to sleep, the box went into the cycle for the screen saver
Must be some sort of a glitche :p

swervepf

Dec 1, 2014
is your FTV sleeping ok? I just sideloaded Autopilot (adb install the .apk) to autoboot XBMC, which worked, but am curious if it'll sleep ok if left in XBMC, and at wakeup, wake up to XBMC again?