smart tv

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
The short answer no, the long answer only if you find a way to root it and get Kodi installed properly, this could necessitate a complete hacked ROM being flashed to the TV or something more...

I doubt we will see too much of this type of 'hacking' of smart TVs anytime soon if ever when you can easily pick up $50 Android TV top boxes that do the job...

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
However, only Sony has a Android based TV.
Most if not all use some flavor of *nix be it Android or another like the very popular Roku OS that many TV manufactures use, so in theory if one was able to root and load a hacked *nix Rom that supported Kodi one could get Kodi running... But, as I said this is beyond practical, if anything it would be a tireless proof of concept by someone with many hours to tinker away with just for the fun of it or to prove something... I have seen people devote extreme amounts of time into hacking silly things before so there are people driven to do so, but as I said the fact that you can simply buy a sub $50 box and be done doesn't leave one with much incentive...