Software vs Hardware

Bobfather

Dec 13, 2014
I am currently using Kodi as a software download on my PC, attached to a 42" HDTV. Would I get any benifit from buying a "Kodi" box ?

degital_insanity

Nov 26, 2013
I am currently using Kodi as a software download on my PC, attached to a 42" HDTV. Would I get any benifit from buying a "Kodi" box ?
I think that would be more of personal decision.

pros: dedicated box with one remote

cons: more money

If you decide to buy a new box pls do not buy with preloaded 3-rd party addons.

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
OK so how are you getting te signal from the computer to the tv? Hdmi or casting? Casting is not nearly as good.
A big advantage to the dedicated box is the hdmi cable connection. Also an ethernet connection is another important advantage over wifi. It's more effective to have an ethernet wire run to your tv area than it is to use wifi whether you have a dedicated box or not. There's an order of priorities that supercedes whether you have a dedicated box or not is what I'm getting st.

zoro

Nov 25, 2014
If you are connecting the pc with your tv using hdmi cable then this is the optimal solution. The pc is much more powerfull than the android boxes.

And dont think that the android boxes as hardware solution vs the pc software solution. Is actually similar solution. And the android boxes is like "not so powerfull pc", with cpu, ram, e.t.c. with operating system. And in that case you install the kodi as program and you run it, exactly as you do with your pc.

So, what are the reasons who make someone to buy a android box, although he or she already have a pc?

The 2 reasons i can think is:

1) A lot of people dont like to see a pc with the cables and the big box into their living room. It dosent look nice and make the room "ugly".
The android box is just a small box that you can hardly see.

2) They want a dedicate box for their tv.
p.e. what going on if you need to work on your pc and the same time some members of the family they want to watch a movie?