Some Movie cover thumbnails missing in several add ons

live4emt

Sep 6, 2016
A few days ago for no apparent reason many of the thumbnails for movie and tv shows seem to be missing in multiple add ons on a nvidia shield tv using the TVaddons fusion installer. However I can open the same add ons on the Freetelly app on my MBP and all the icons are fine.

I've searched every forum and tried all the fixes such as deleting the "Textures13.db" file and the "script.module.metahandler" as well as the whole thumbnails folder but it hasn't changed a thing. I restarted the Shield and only deleted one file at a time so I'd know what fixed it if it worked but it turned out nothing worked.

Any advice on how to proceed from here? where else may the movie cover thumbnails be stored so I can try and make the system redownload? There aren't any pertinent entries in the log file and I'm not currently sitting in front of the device to upload the log right now. I haven't made any recent changes to the device and I regularly clear caches and delete packets with maintenance tool. The only thing I can think of causing the problem is that SPMC doesn't always close down when I use the kodi power button so I occasionally need to force stop the app.

thomfam

Sep 22, 2015
I have lost icons as well but it happens sometimes after I use TDB Wizard which has a thumbnails clean option.

I have mine set to 'manual' rather than auto. However after a manual clean I need to go and click on each of the shortcut icons again to ensure they are there (and successfully reloaded) at next startup.

Otherwise I have to reset all my addons shortcuts again.

Not sure this is what happens with your box or not.

live4emt

Sep 6, 2016
Thanks for the reply, I'm happy someone has read this at least. Unfortunately I don't think that is my issue, I do use the fusion maintenance tool to clear my cache and delete packets regularly but that doesn't effect thumbnails. I have both KODI and SMPC installed on my nvidia shield and when I open Ex**us in KODI all the movie covers are there but when I open it in SPMC many covers are missing. I suppose if no one else has any idea on what I can try that I haven't tried then I'll just have to copy the user data from KODI to SPMC and re add any addons that I've added to SPMC after I stopped using KODI.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Copying it over most probably won't work either. In my experience you'd still have to delete textures.db & thumbnails. I don't know the answer, textures.db & thumbnails always fixes it for me :)