Some problems with a fresh install

dkplayaclub

Sep 14, 2012
Rochester, NY
I gave my parents an Ouya some time ago, and they really like it. Haven't done anything to it in a while so I decided to upgrade them to 14.2 and give them some of the newer addons and tweak it a bit for them. Decided it would be best to just do a factory reset and a fresh install for them.
Now I don't seem to be able to access android apps from "Programs" any more. Also, I can't add any program addons to favorites. Pushing the "U" button normally brings up the context menu, but in the programs menu it only brings up the addon information screen where I can update, disable, view the change log etc.
What has changed? Am I missing something?

pfj

Oct 31, 2012
Norn Irn
Have you done a complete factory reset on the ouya? You should have just updated your version of kodi. The programs are probably no longer installed if you factory reset.

dkplayaclub

Sep 14, 2012
Rochester, NY
Yeah. I did a factory reset on the Ouya and then installed Kodi 14.2 and all the addons they use/need. The addons are installed, I'm just not able to add program addons to favorites or see any android apps (Browser, Dropbox, Netflix etc.). I can add video addons to favorites, just not program addons. I never had this behavior before, when I had them running Gotham.

pfj

Oct 31, 2012
Norn Irn
By doing a factory reset on the Ouya you have removed all your installed programs. That is why you can't shortcut to them or find them anymore. It's nothing to do with the version of Kodi installed. As mentioned above you should have only done a fresh install of Kodi or updated it and left everything else on the Ouya as it was. You'll need to reinstall all your programs again most likely.

pfj

Oct 31, 2012
Norn Irn
Sorry but i don't see where you made it clear that you had already installed your programs?

You said you "installed Kodi 14.2 and all the addons they use/need. The addons are installed". I assumed by this that you had only installed Kodi and (Kodi) addons.

No mention of programs.

dkplayaclub

Sep 14, 2012
Rochester, NY
Either way, the Ouya comes pre-loaded with the Browser, which would show up if I installed nothing else. Thanks for pointing out a syntax error, but I would much prefer helpful input.

pfj

Oct 31, 2012
Norn Irn
No problem at all just thought I had missed something. Anyhow, on my ouya i use SPMC 14.2 and all my programs show fine. You could maybe try that or another flavor to see if the problem lies in the specific version you've installed?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Kodi Support 2
E Kodi Support 3
W Kodi Support 4