Soooo update time and WTF?

JackieO

Apr 13, 2015
Howdy,

I have slowly lost bits from my Jarvis 16.3 Kodi. First my screensaver went, then the maintenance tool, then the addon installer and config wizard plus I was getting update to Jarvis 17.3 but I also got told that Kodi is no more and that it's Indigo and that needs Android 5 whilst I only have 4 so I decide to Fresh Start what I have.

However after connecting to fusion, there was no hubwizard thingy that puts a nice install of the top addons and tools and I was only just able to add Ex**us (which is all I need tbh) but things are still buggy and I can't even get shortcuts to stay in place. Plus I am at the mercy of Ex**us and if that fails on me then I am screwed.

Coming here today I am seeing that we can still use Jarvis (but 17.3) but also Krypton and Indigo (which I am unable to use just yet due to outdated Android) and I am lost as to all the options. I am also wary of upgrading to Jarvis 17.3 because there was no hubwizard or start here zipfile in fusion directory when I tried to Fresh Start 16.3

Help?

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Without OS 5.0 or better, you will not be able to update. You have 3 options.
1 - stay with what you already have.
2 - if you have an Android device, install FTMC or SPMC which is essentially Jarvis but with all the good of Krypton.
3 - flash your device with LibreELEC

But please note the Wizard is defunct. So installation of Addons should not be done using the Addon Installer or the old fashion way "install from zip".

JackieO

Apr 13, 2015
Thanks

Where can I get FTMC and SPMC?

Is the only difference between Jarvis and Kyrpton the fact that the latter is https?

How will flashing my android 4 box with LibreELEC help?

Any idea why the hubwizard is gone or how I can locate the 'old' method of adding add-ons?

Is Indigo just a different build to Javrvis and Kyrpton (and therefore just like the builds that we're not allowed to mention) or is it something else? Which is best - Jarvis, Krypton, Indigo?

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Thanks

Where can I get FTMC and SPMC?
At the play store.

Is the only difference between Jarvis and Kyrpton the fact that the latter is https?
Yes basically. A few other improvements of course but the basics are just that.

How will flashing my android 4 box with LibreELEC help?
That would make your box a dedicated Linux box. It would no longer be a Android box.

Any idea why the hubwizard is gone or how I can locate the 'old' method of adding add-ons?
It has been removed and is dead and gone. Hopefully for ever. It really was too much to maintain and taking a lot of time from the Devs.

Is Indigo just a different build to Javrvis and Kyrpton (and therefore just like the builds that we're not allowed to mention) or is it something else? Which is best - Jarvis, Krypton, Indigo?
Indigo is a maintenance tool. Not a build. Just an addon really. Krypton is by far better than Jarvis IMO and Leis is going to be by far superior to Krypton. It will have voice search for movies and all sorts of kewl features.

jakeyboy

Nov 10, 2013
another option is to download and install mygica media center which is a fork of kodi and works extremely well.you can google it.