Sound cuts out on Kodi only after every Windows 10 update

Mindy2k

Jun 6, 2015
Every time my Windows 10 updates the sound cuts out on Kodi every few seconds when you watch something.
The strange thing is a few days later it works without any intervention but those few days could be any!
I can't find it anywhere on the forum or net.

I've tried to see if it was a driver issue - all is ok there and up to date.
It happens with HDMI plugged in or native on the PC.

I've looked at the Audio Settings in Kodi and changed per some things with audio people were having, it doesn't work and even hit default settings just in case and it doesn't.

I have no sound issues on anything outside of Kodi when this happens, it's just in Kodi.

I have debug logs if anyone thinks they may help?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Even if your drivers seem to be up to date, try and update with Iobit's Driver Booster. They have a free version that works very well. Give it a go and see if your sound driver updates to the latest.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Can't say this applies, but there have been long ongoing issues with Realtek audio drivers and the 'front jack detection' setting... If you go into audio setting (might be in advanced settings) try disabling front jack detection and see if it fixes the issue... If it does fix the issue, the only downside is that now if you do want to use headphones you will have to re-enable it or it won't disable the speakers when the headphones are plugged in...