Sound not working in kodi since Jarvis update

Franksuzy1

Mar 4, 2016
My sound works fine when not in kodi, I can turn it to about 20 for good sound level!
When I'm in kodi, ever since installing Jarvis, I have to turn it up to 80-100 to be able to hear the sound good. Any suggestions how to fix?

nemsis72

Jul 17, 2015
Boston
My sound works fine when not in kodi, I can turn it to about 20 for good sound level!
When I'm in kodi, ever since installing Jarvis, I have to turn it up to 80-100 to be able to hear the sound good. Any suggestions how to fix?
You can try whats done in this Video, after you set your amplification, be sure to enable set as default for all media on the bottom of setting. This will asure that all media playback will sound equally loud...

https://mega.nz/#!RNwCGRoS!BOBeZkGT_K_t1tPFwDgD215LajXdQfVRZaHK3GPhxx4

donbrew

Feb 27, 2016
I have Pi 1 B. Openelec 6.95, Jarvis 16.1.
This morning I changed to LibreElec 7.0.1, Jarvis 16.1. (same behavior)

I have to turn the volume up to 9 in Kodi to hear it while the TV is ear splitting loud.

Volume amplification moves, but has little effect on the volume. Volume -7.8 dB, Volume Amplification 60 dB just to hear.
No passthrough.
Audio output Pi: HDMI, 2 channels,Optimized,no upmix,0dB center channel boost,resample quality high. I have tried changing all of these to no effect.

In Isengard I had similar problem that was solved by changing the HDMI output device, but that is not an option in Jarvis.

Any help?

donbrew

Feb 27, 2016
I thought it was obvious that I had tried that because "Audio output Pi: HDMI," is the first choice.

Pulse = no sound
Pi:HDMI & analog = VERY loud in NextPVR app very low in IPTV apps
Pi:Analog = no sound
Pi:HDMI = VERY loud in NextPVR app very low in IPTV apps

In Isengard switching to DIRECTSOUND: default solved it WASAPI was low sound level, but could be adjusted enough using the volume amplification. But had to use every time I switched between apps.

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
I don't have a pi but all the outputs options are there for me on Jarvis (windows 7 and 8) including directsound

Last edited: