Source and Repository deleted, but Addon still working

elb888

Dec 6, 2015
Hey guys, is it strange if the source and Repository have been deleted, but an addon that is from the deleted source is still present and functioning? This is a newbie question. LOL!

I just noticed this a few moments ago when playing around with my settings. Which leads me to the next question. Are addon updates dependent on having the source address or repository in place? Logically, now I"m guessing it's not.

So if this is normal, then once you install an addon, you can go ahead and delete the repository to clear clutter?

Please advise, thanks in advance.

elb888

Dec 6, 2015
So maybe multiple sources have the same addon? Could that be why an addon is still functioning even though I thought I deleted the source? How can I tell which repository the addon belongs to?

elb888

Dec 6, 2015
An addon will function perfectly okay without the repo (what you keep calling source).

However, it will not update, which means it may stop functioning over time.

What addon are you referring to?
CartoonHD, Cartoon World.. there are several that were still functioning after I deleted the repos. But thank you, good to know I need to leave the repo.

Which brings me to this question... When adding source via a web address in the file manager, is it okay to remove the address after you go through the process of installing from the zip?

elb888

Dec 6, 2015
Yes you can remove the address, but do you really need to?
Thanks! No, I don't really need to. I ask this to understand if updates are dependent on leaving the URL in place. Just want to know what I can touch, and what I shouldn't touch.