SPMC on Google Play!

rextoba

Apr 30, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
Has anyone tried the SPMC released on Google Play? I have it installed but have not had a chance to set it up yet. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on it. I sideloaded it as my Ouya is not rooted and got the apk from the semper site.:)

lshizzle

Dec 30, 2013
Why not just download 13.2 gotham from the xbmc.org website with the stock browser and a file manager. I always hated spmc, always had issues. Gotham rarely has issues for me, its our main source for TV and gets used 6 hours a day. Use any apk downloader web page to grab apks from from the play store. Not rooting required, unless you want to change your keymap file to work better with xbmc. File manager through play store works great for me.

rextoba

Apr 30, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
Why not just download 13.2 gotham from the xbmc.org website with the stock browser and a file manager. I always hated spmc, always had issues. Gotham rarely has issues for me, its our main source for TV and gets used 6 hours a day. Use any apk downloader web page to grab apks from from the play store. Not rooting required, unless you want to change your keymap file to work better with xbmc. File manager through play store works great for me.
Thanks for the reply but I already run the most current build of official Gotham on all devices. I have no issues with it but I'm always looking at testing new builds to keep up to date, that's what's nice with being able to run various builds side by side. I was just curious if any others had tried it and what kind of feedback there might be. I noticed on my Nexus 7 that it updates regularly like most apps from Play. I sideloaded to my Ouya so it won't update like the tablet, we'll see what difference that makes. Thanks again for the reply!

damac10

Apr 11, 2014
SPMC is specifically altered to help Rockchip Android based devices perform better with XBMC. For most other devices Gotham is perfect.

Dr Peter OBoogie

Jun 24, 2013
Why not try both! You can run SPMC alongside XBMC, not have one or the other.

Also (and i am not some great authority on it, read this at .org) it is usually slightly ahead of the regular build with what your getting.

Have no idea on the tech difference between the 2 but SMPC is equal to any Gotham build in my opinion.

chrissurra

Jan 24, 2014
SPMC runs better for me, XBMC Gotham would crash after I opened an external android app, and relaunches xbmc. SPMC doesnt so Im sticking with SPMC for now.

lowridin_guy

May 10, 2012
Official gotham both 13.1 and 13.2 have been working great for me on my OUYA. I'll probably still install SPMC but not because of any issues or anything with the official builds.

ponghclub

Aug 3, 2014
Official gotham both 13.1 and 13.2 have been working great for me on my OUYA. I'll probably still install SPMC but not because of any issues or anything with the official builds.
The new SPMC 13.2 app on amazon store and google store have launcher in it. If you install on android tablet it work fine. I installed on my fireTV it automatic open and i cant go back to home screen so be caution.