SSL Certificate Verify Failed

MrLashed

May 8, 2012
Hi All,

I've done a search and found nothing in the forums.... since switching to Kodi 17.* I keep getting ssl certificate verify failed and my URLResolver keeps giving this error and I can no longer get links as well as auth my Real-Debrid.

It's extremely frustrating.

So a little information:

When doing a fresh install and build EVERYTHING works as it should but after a day or so I get this error, this happens everytime no matter what I do, I'm using android 7.1 and my current version of kodi is 17.4.

Can ANYONE please assist me into what needs to be done to get this issue fixed?

Kind Regards
MrLashed

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
You need a log. You mention "fresh install and build". If you have a build on your device, that could be the problem. Unfortunately, we can't troubleshoot every different builds out there. You should contact the creator of the build for better assistance.

MrLashed

May 8, 2012
I can confirm this is NOT build related!

The error show SSL CERTIFICATE VERIFY ERROR when trying to auth my REAL-DEBRID, I can no longer configure URLRESOLVER as it now errors with the above.

I have read that is somehting to do with CA-CERTIFICATES..?

Regards

Possible DNS issue?

Last edited:

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
A log would really be helpful.
it could be the "build".
it could be an addon that the build installed.
it could be urlresolver.
it could be the python version (but I doubt it with the android and kodi versions you stated)
it could be almost anything.
A log would help to tell what its doing and whats causing it.
arguing about it wont.

MrLashed

May 8, 2012
18:15:30.050 T:519944844368 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'urllib2.URLError'>
Error Contents: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.urlresolver/lib/default.py", line 71, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.urlresolver/lib/default.py", line 68, in main
url_dispatcher.dispatch(mode, queries)
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.urlresolver/lib/urlresolver/lib/url_dispatcher.py", line 82, in dispatch
self.func_registry[mode](*args, **kwargs)
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.urlresolver/lib/default.py", line 37, in auth_rd
if realdebrid.RealDebridResolver().authorize_resolver():
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.urlresolver/lib/urlresolver/plugins/realdebrid.py", line 108, in authorize_resolver
js_result = json.loads(self.net.http_GET(url, headers=self.headers).content)
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.urlresolver/lib/urlresolver/lib/net.py", line 198, in http_GET
return self._fetch(url, headers=headers, compression=compression)
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.urlresolver/lib/urlresolver/lib/net.py", line 279, in _fetch
response = urllib2.urlopen(req)
File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/aarch64-linux-android-android-21/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/aarch64-linux-android-android-21/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 429, in open
File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/aarch64-linux-android-android-21/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 447, in _open
File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/aarch64-linux-android-android-21/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 407, in _call_chain
File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/aarch64-linux-android-android-21/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1241, in https_open
File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/aarch64-linux-android-android-21/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1198, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)>
-->End of Python script error report<--