Storage space error

berty98

Feb 13, 2014
Hi firstly I love the little fella but recently,and it doesn't matter how many times I reset to factory settings ,it keeps coming up with storage space running out when it shows 5GB free.I only use it for Kodi nothing else.I have ES file explorer on it are they're files in there I have to delete? This issue is driving me crazy,any help appreciated.

Jacksuarez7

Aug 17, 2012
I have both an OUYA and Amazon Firetv - had a low memory issue with the latter and it was related to the P2P addon, more specifically the Acestream cache which was circa 3gb on relatively low usage - you might do well to check this out if you have ES File explorer.....

dkplayaclub

Sep 14, 2012
Rochester, NY
I use path substitution through an advancedsettings.xml on my Ouya, so that the largest folders (mostly thumbnails) are stored on the server rather than the Ouya itself. This solves the problem pretty handily.

garret

Apr 20, 2015
I had this problem and it was because I had enabled zero cache. In the file manager I had a temp file in my kodi folder that had built up 2.2gb. It wouldn't show up in the storage space in the main ouya menus under system. It showed I should have had over 2gb of free space but it wouldn't let me install any new programs due to lack of space. I deleted this temp file and all is now good. I just have to remember to clear my cache out more often I think. It was making my Kodi do strange things also (Background blacked out, no access to menus, controls, etc.) once I deleted that file I turned zero cache off and everything has been back to normal.