Storage space running out - Help

pelloplasma

Feb 14, 2014
Nicosia/Cyprus
I have an Android TV Box that I got from ebay. Nothing branded or anything.

I installed on it XBMC Frodo. The issue I'm having is that when I watch a movie, in about half an hour or forty minutes into the movie I'm getting a message that says "Storage space running out" on the Android notification area. If I ignore it then the movie stops by itself and I have to close XBMC and reopen it to watch the rest of the movie.
This doesn't happen with tv series though.
I know it has something to do with the cache(?).

Does anyone know how to help me with this? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

These are my Android Box specs:
RK3188 1.8GHz Quad Core
2GB RAM
8GB Storage
Android 4.2

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
If you want to fix the cache, go to the maintenance tool and use the 0 Cache advanced xml under the tweaks section. If this will not fix it, you can try and use other advanced xml

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
0 cache will make it worse ;) This causes the stream to buffer endlessly to your storage.If yes then you can delete it from hub maintenance or try another setting as ravrob suggested (thats if you need any at all)

Check to see if you have that setting,this could be causing your issue

You can also delete your cache from hub maintenance and see if that helps any

Last edited:

pelloplasma

Feb 14, 2014
Nicosia/Cyprus
Thanks both of you for the quick reply. I did had the 0 cache setting on. I deleted it and also cleaned the cache. Hopefuly this will fix everything.
I'm guessing though that without the 0 cache xml, I will have lot's of buffering with my movies?

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Buffering will be down to either you internet speed or the source you choose

All the advanced setting for cache does is allow you to cache more or less,it doesnt alter buffer/streaming speed

You can play with the setting if you need to or there are a couple preset in hub maintenance tweaks

Try without and see what its like

Last edited: