Stream not streaming or simply lagging and not enough providers to choose from even with a VPN.

Kim027

Oct 3, 2019
Hi, Newbie here… I use Kodi 18 with Nord VPN on a raspberry pie 3. Spectrum is my Internet provider. I'm hardwired to the modem but lately my streams are (stopping for a long period of time and then playing for short period of time). I guess they call that lagging it's been doing it a lot. Also, when I select a movie or television show. The selections are slim to none. I've tried changing from the United States to Australia, Spain, etc. sometimes you might see little difference but eventually same problem. Does anyone have a fix for this?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Where are you located? Why are you using a VPN? What addons are you using? What platform are you on? What device are you using?

Kim027

Oct 3, 2019
Where are you located? Why are you using a VPN? What addons are you using? What platform are you on? What device are you using?

1. I am located in New York.
2. I was told it's best for streaming movies and videos.
3. Add-ons such as Ex**us, numbers, Mercury, etc.
4. Kodi 18
5. Raspberry pi 3

capslock

Jan 1, 2018
I use the "original" Ex...s" , NOT the Re..x, nó VPN, and Ex...s works great/perfectly, éven when I check on a populair site with my PC where at thát same moment on that populair site a new series is being uploaded (so I see 1 link, two links, until 9 links) , the add-on Ex...s on my PC AND boxes finds these links also ! Ergo, the addon is in working order !

• Agree
Reactions: RavRob

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Unless you are streaming torrents via P2P, you really don't need a VPN. The addons you are mentioning do not stream P2P. Give it a shot without using one and see if you get better results. A VPN tends to slow down your system and could lead to buffering.
Ex**us Redux hasn't been maintained in a long while now so unless you are using a debrid account, you might not get all the links you would want or expect. Try something newer.

capslock

Jan 1, 2018
Ex...s gets frequent updates ! (Severaql this week only) The Ex....s Re..x NOT. Many people make mistakes in using the correct name of thes two DIFFERENT add-ons ! Ex....s works FANTASTIC. (I mean NOT the R.....x version !)