Streaming During A Flight

seethesun

Apr 11, 2016
Florida
I was wondering if anyone has tried to stream movies/TV shows during a flight? I will be traveling on American Airlines next week and was looking to add Kodi to my tablet specifically for the trip, but I'm not sure if the wifi will be fast enough. I don't want to pay for the internet access if I will be buffering the entire time.

Thanks.

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
I was wondering if anyone has tried to stream movies/TV shows during a flight? I will be traveling on American Airlines next week and was looking to add Kodi to my tablet specifically for the trip, but I'm not sure if the wifi will be fast enough. I don't want to pay for the internet access if I will be buffering the entire time.

Thanks.
You could just work out beforehand what you want to watch, and download at home.
most tablets take a sdcard so you could download enough to last the whole trip.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

seethesun

Apr 11, 2016
Florida
Good point. That's going to be the most reliable thing to do. I have to figure out how to download. When you playback, do you do it through Kodi or just with the device's built-in player? I like having the skip functions that Kodi offers.

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
Good point. That's going to be the most reliable thing to do. I have to figure out how to download. When you playback, do you do it through Kodi or just with the device's built-in player? I like having the skip functions that Kodi offers.
Do it through Kodi, it's actually what Kodi is intended for, addons are a bonus !
Just make sure once the file is downloaded you rename it correctly so the scrapers find it..
for example..
Ghostbusters (2016).mkv
You can follow this link to add to the library.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources
And this link for video naming conventions
http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Alex555

Apr 6, 2018
Hafnarfjordur, Iceland
Interesting info! Usually I download movies I want to watch during a flight. Frankly speaking, I didn't think about using Kodi before. There exist useful travel software that can be really helpful on a trip. I was lucky to find this collection and have already tried some of these tools. So, thanks for sharing, I'll add Kodi to my must-have list.