streaming movies illegal in england?

bmike1

Feb 4, 2013
a couple of days ago an add on said that streaming movies wa snow illegal in england. huh? how long till that happens in the US thereby ruining XBMC here?

vict0r

Aug 24, 2013
I read its next monday....

In all seriousness, you should note what lengths the devs have gone to to help uk based users with this issue.
Im sure the same will be done for the USA too.
Which addon gave you that message btw?

Flapster

Nov 13, 2013
The Black Country, UK
I have never seen an addon do this kind of thing. Did you get this from a Fusion Repo/addon??? If not I would seriously do a fresh install and only install repos from Fusion.

vict0r

Aug 24, 2013
Never heard anyone call a website an addon before. Could be right kizzer31, did you get any message like that from any of your addons?

systom404

Nov 5, 2013
Scotland
its always been illegal but UK Gov ordered ISPs to block certain sites in the UK not an issue though as proxies quickly appeared and the XBMCHUB devs have worked hard to get us UK users back up and all is well again (just about) :) so moral of the story dont worry about it

vict0r

Aug 24, 2013
@bmike1
If it was from ****up im assuming its scaremongering to try and get you to install their copies of addons officially supported here, it probably wouldnt have come from pftv (eldorado supports that here), but I dont have anything from there installed so wouldn't know exactly what modifications they make to their copies of other peoples addons.

If you wish, you could follow Flapster's advise and clear your system of those annoying popups and ads and use Fusion as your source for addons. There is plenty on this forum about where to start and what to do.

Best starting point I found is here

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
To my knowledge streaming content is not illegal. Uploading and/or distrivuting copywritten materials is illegal. There is content in these addons that has been legally uploaded by people who own dvds, blurays, what have you. Here there is grey... white... and black