Stuttering when playing HD sources for TV shows using Android boxes

Bartjunited

Mar 17, 2014
I have recently been trying out 3 different Android boxes all quad core.
I use them mainly to run xbmc and Genesis for TV shows

I have found with all of them that when I am trying to run a hd source I get major stuttering. What I mean by this is I play the source and it will start to buffer then will play for ten seconds and then it will do the same stuttering thing. Or it will play for a while and then the audio and video will go right out of sync. Video slows right down and audio continues.

When I run the same shows on a raspberry pi running openelec I don't get any of these issues.

The only common thing I can see is the Android os.

Has anyone else had similar issues.

I moved away from a pi thinking that the more powerful hardware would on an Android box would give me a. Better viewing experience but it's worse

Cheers bart

mrgee

Dec 18, 2014
Same here exactly same problem I had with fire tv and my new android box is doing the same , my broadband connection is 100 mobs so no prob there just every hd link I click is stck a zero buffering till I press play then plays a few seconds then stops again
Not found solution yet

Bartjunited

Mar 17, 2014
Ok so not just me

Are you using Genesis?
I just tried something with agent Carter season 1 episode 1. First link which is 1080p
It was doing the the whole sticking thing
I cleared Genesis cache and Genesis sources restarted kodi and tried again and it's working perfectly.
Try that and let me know if it works for you pls

mrgee

Dec 18, 2014
Clearing the cache sometimes works for me but not always
And yes using genesis but as others say genesis just finds the links

Last edited:

Bartjunited

Mar 17, 2014
What shows are you trying and what sources do you use.
Sorry and what hardware as I get this issue on Android boxes

mrgee

Dec 18, 2014
I was getting this problem on Amazon fire tv and now today on mx3 android box ,I'm trying to watch things like walking dread the blacklist the 100 scorpion sources 180upload movreel , vk hd , billionuploads
All sd work perfectly I can't see why it's just hd links

Bartjunited

Mar 17, 2014
I got the same problem with MXIII I ended up giving it back
And more so it's the same sources that im having issues with.
Watching Sex tape film right now using Genesis and latest movies
Source Is gvideo hd and it's playing perfect. More it seems like it's those same sources that are the issue

mrgee

Dec 18, 2014
I don't think its the problem with box as it happened with my fire tv and pc and with my mx3 I've just got for some reason hd streams just want to sit there at zero buffer till you press play , I'm on Virgin media don't know if that anything to do with it I doubt it as I'm sure it wouldn't stream at all if the links or host sites where banned

Bartjunited

Mar 17, 2014
I'm on Virgin too
I think it boils down to the sources and you seem to be using the samw sources as me.

I have the same issue where it buffers until you press play and then plays for a bit and then stutters again etc

avd

Jan 5, 2013
Have you got zero cache xml enabled as this will sometimes help just leave it for 5 mins paused and see if the cache on bottom bar has moved up.

mrgee

Dec 18, 2014
I've used zero cache tried tuxen xml my next step but not tonight will be to flash my modem and try a vpn but I'm sure that won't sort anything except prove it not my brosdband service

mrgee

Dec 18, 2014
Just tried zero cache again buffering 1% buffering 2% buffering 1'% buffering 2% that's all that happens then sticks and will not move of 2% until I press play , it will then play for about 45 seconds and will freeze again as it is now stuck at zero buffer :(

Bartjunited

Mar 17, 2014
Which source were you using was it one of the ones mentioned before?
Try sex tape from movies and use the first hd source from gvideo as see if it plays properly

mrgee

Dec 18, 2014
Yes I have zero cashe enabled avd but the funny think is all hd movies play straight away ,even on the sources I have problems with tv links it's just tv series hd links that's the problem

BeRealx

Jan 24, 2015
What shows are you watching and what sources are you using
I generally click on the first link provided and I have 72 shows added to my library. If I ever have an issue it's caused by a slow link, which is solved by me clicking on another source. Right now im watching The Walking Dead S05E06, first link and it's running at 720p without any issues.

oh and Im using the TVMC for Android on my Draco AW80 Telos

BeRealx

Jan 24, 2015
Ya. That's probably it. Test out Fury, it runs at 1080p with no buffering issues/ stuttering. Click on the 1st source, it should be GVIDEO.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Video Addons 5
A Kodi Support 14
B Kodi Support 1