Suddenly, no audio in menus or video playback

Nosaint

May 28, 2016
Hi, new to forum. I updated my mygica atv1200 to Jarvis 16.1 and all was good. Today there is no sound at all. Video seems fine otherwise. Kinda came out of nowhere. I use hdmi through a receiver and that set up works fine for everything else, and right after the initial upgrade to Jarvis it was fine too. I've unplugged the box, the tv. Done a factory reset (fresh start), Uninstalled and reinstalled kodi 16.1. Nothing has worked. Any online searches didn't come up with a fix that worked either. Truly stuck here. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not great at this stuff but can usually get it working when I encounter problems. Not this time! It seems like a kodi issue or system setting or something....

strike0408

Nov 29, 2012
Canada
Hi, new to forum. I updated my mygica atv1200 to Jarvis 16.1 and all was good. Today there is no sound at all. Video seems fine otherwise. Kinda came out of nowhere. I use hdmi through a receiver and that set up works fine for everything else, and right after the initial upgrade to Jarvis it was fine too. I've unplugged the box, the tv. Done a factory reset (fresh start), Uninstalled and reinstalled kodi 16.1. Nothing has worked. Any online searches didn't come up with a fix that worked either. Truly stuck here. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not great at this stuff but can usually get it working when I encounter problems. Not this time! It seems like a kodi issue or system setting or something....
in kodi, go to system/system/audio output and then click" audio output device" on the right side and try the different settings in there...

Nosaint

May 28, 2016
Thx for the reply strike0408. Audio output device is fixed (grayed out) on 'android audiotrack' in kodi settings. Settings on my media box for audio output is 'hdmi output'. Anything else I can try? I'm about to hard reset the box which will bring kodi back to 14 I think and see if I get audio. If so maybe i'll try loading jarvis again.....let me know if have any other thoughts. Appreciate it.

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Kodi 16 separated the two Audio Volume methods that it uses (system-wide and Kodi-wide) where previously they were linked together. Check to see if BOTH of these are not muted or set low.

Nosaint

May 28, 2016
Thanks stoofer. It wasn't that. I have fixed the issue and feel a bit silly. Turns out my daughter pressed some buttons on my audio receiver, changing the settings on the hdmi output running my box. You'd think with an audio problem i'd check there first but since everything else running through it was fine i didn't! Thanks to you and strike0408 for taking the time to reply.