Suggestions Needed For Which Device a Noob Can Use This Software?

secreto

Mar 25, 2013
I have a massive problem which has thrown me and I need your help.

I have just found XMBC and I had planned on buying an Apple TV today. However, after extensive research it appears that the new version 1080P TV3 cannot be jailbroken and it doesn't look like it will ever be so no chance of putting XMBC on it and people are selling Apple TV2 for crazy money!

So my question to you is what the heck should I do?

Can anyone please tell me which device I should buy that is compatible with XMBC and will hook up to my TV via HDMI. I don't really want to hook up my laptop or anything bulky that's why the Apple TV would have been ideal.

I am gutted please help a very gutted noob.

Last edited:

jas0npc

Banned
May 5, 2012
UK
I will say some of the android box`s I think out perform the atv2, no doubt about it, take android off, flash with the linux version and wow what a box

secreto

Mar 25, 2013
I will say some of the android box`s I think out perform the atv2, no doubt about it, take android off, flash with the linux version and wow what a box
Thanks for the information.

I have seen a Justop Android box 4.0 ice cream tv box. But I wouldn't know where to start flashing with linux is there a tutorial anywhere?

Also I have seen a Mygica A11 and I was wondering if anyone could offer any technical help as to how to upgade it and get it ready for XMBC on 4.1 jb>

Last edited: