Sumvision cyclone nano slim plus

Machine9

Jun 17, 2012
Manchester England
Hi , I bought one of these , running android 4.0.4 ,M3 version , my question is can I use Linux xbmc on here , have tried the tutorial resetting with the paper clip and it goes thru to resetting menu root file ,update image etc , but I carnt navigate the screen with the remote to click on the update image it's drivin me mad ! Am I doin the right or wrong thing or is it not compatible . Any input would be great ! Thanks guys

bigdogeh

May 6, 2012
I didn't think there were any files out for the M3 version yet. maybe try hooking a usb mouse to the unit to navigate with? are the batteries maybe dead in the remote? Or maybe a malfunctioning remote? You can try putting the update image on a usb thumbdrive... It won't load for me on my M1 pivos from the mSD card..

Machine9

Jun 17, 2012
Manchester England
Yeah think ur right there's no m3 version yet ,it's out soon apparently from what I can gather reading around.just trying the android frodo
Xbmc out on it ,carnt get fusion to load , so will try a few repos of the sd card and see how it goes ! Cheers thanks for ur advice !

yorkie9668

Nov 26, 2012
Machine9 how did you get a Rom on with the keyboard not working, mine is stuck on the screen but cannot install image, I have the geniatech Rom image installed and want to go back to sumvision but cannot do anything without a working keyboard it's doing my head in.
Got to bit.ly/xbmcforandroid and follow one of the first links to the xbmc site, click downloads the scroll down until you see the Pivos version of xbmc that works 95% and you can install fusion, hope that helps

Actually ignore last just click this link code.google.com/p/xbmc-android/downloads/list

Machine9

Jun 17, 2012
Manchester England
I'll just explain a bit mate wot I've done cos I'm a novice with these ! I tried to put Linux on it with the USB stick and sd card inserted, used the paper clip on the reset button , it restared but didnt upgrade , it went to another menu with Root file , update image etc .anyway my box is an M3 cyclone nano so no Linux build yet. Anyway restarted the box downloaded the xbmc android thru the built in browser ,took the sd card to my pc and loaded the plugins on to that ,re inserted card ,went into xbmc ,systems,add ons ,install from zip file ,and search thru home folder ur sd card shud be highlitghted there hope that's what you meant cos I'm not sure it was thanks m8!

The

Sep 9, 2012
pivos have released a version of linux that works on the M3 boxes. i havent read up t find out if it works with the sumvisions.

see the announcements section on their forum: http://www.pivosforums.com/viewforum.php?f=11

there's a new version of linux for the PIVOS XIOS M3
and a new version of android (referred to as firmware)
and there a new release of xbmc for android (referred to as an apk)

I'm looking to confirm that these new releases are compatible with the sumvision then i think i'll be buying one.

let me know if anyone tried any of these releases on the sumvision. thanks!

Canaya

Sep 1, 2012
pivos have released a version of linux that works on the M3 boxes. i havent read up t find out if it works with the sumvisions.

see the announcements section on their forum: http://www.pivosforums.com/viewforum.php?f=11

there's a new version of linux for the PIVOS XIOS M3
and a new version of android (referred to as firmware)
and there a new release of xbmc for android (referred to as an apk)

I'm looking to confirm that these new releases are compatible with the sumvision then i think i'll be buying one.

let me know if anyone tried any of these releases on the sumvision. thanks!
According to Davilla the main xbmc dev over at pivos, the linux version for the m3 will be proprietary to the m3 xios ds. He encourages other box makers to develop for their products. Pivos does have resellers in the uk now. No need to buy clones. Remember that a portion of pivos sales goes directly to the xbmc team. Why not support their product?

The

Sep 9, 2012
According to Davilla the main xbmc dev over at pivos, the linux version for the m3 will be proprietary to the m3 xios ds. He encourages other box makers to develop for their products. Pivos does have resellers in the uk now. No need to buy clones. Remember that a portion of pivos sales goes directly to the xbmc team. Why not support their product?
A very helpful and informative post. Thanks.

I am a massive fan of xbmc and would ideally love to choose hardware that means i am supporting xbmc.

unfortunately to buy a pivos xios in the uk is £115 compared to buying a sumvision for £65 on amazon.co.uk.

That gap is just too big, so if i do go ahead with a purchase it looks at the moment like i would have to choose the sumvision M3 and just hope that someone creates a version of xbmc that is stable and reliable on it.

Machine9

Jun 17, 2012
Manchester England
A very helpful and informative post. Thanks.

I am a massive fan of xbmc and would ideally love to choose hardware that means i am supporting xbmc.

unfortunately to buy a pivos xios in the uk is £115 compared to buying a sumvision for £65 on amazon.co.uk.

That gap is just too big, so if i do go ahead with a purchase it looks at the moment like i would have to choose the sumvision M3 and just hope that someone creates a version of xbmc that is stable and reliable on it.
Hi I tried xbmc with the sumvision ,now it's collecting dust in the corner , tried the android xbmc , it was all just too slow, if I was you I would go for the raspberry pi with tuxens openelec beta 6 image it works really really well , and is a
A lot cheaper to buy!

Mikey1234

Banned
May 6, 2012
UK
Depending on how your gonna flash it !!

I would do it with micro sd !

Turn on box with card in it

Let it read card and it will create lots of folders

Turn it off

Go here and download the latest M1 build

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=941

Here is direct download
http://www.pivosforums.com/XIOS_DS/XBMC/xbmc-XIOS-Linux-M1-121512.zip

Unzip it

And copy the image to the root of card

Not in any folders !!!

Put card in box

Underneath the box is an upgrade button (use hair grip or whatever )

Hold that button down and turn box on

Until you see upgrade screen

Release and let it do its stuff !!!!!