The Case Of The Missing Icon

JNRW

Oct 13, 2014
In the absence of Sherlock Holmes I come here for some help.

I look after the TV box of an elderly friend and I have recently installed an add-on, which does not need to be named.

I have put the icon on the Home Page (Confluence Skin) but it keeps disappearing. It is easy enough to reinstate but I cannot understand why it happens. The add-on itself remains.

Any ideas?

EDIT: By icon I mean shortcut.

Last edited:

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
In the absence of Sherlock Holmes I come here for some help.

I look after the TV box of an elderly friend and I have recently installed an add-on, which does not need to be named.

I have put the icon on the Home Page (Confluence Skin) but it keeps disappearing. It is easy enough to reinstate but I cannot understand why it happens. The add-on itself remains.

Any ideas?

EDIT: By icon I mean shortcut.
I'm assuming its an android box. If so, after you add the shortcut make sure to shut down kodi and the box normally. Then restart it. some just pull the plug on it.
Driod can have a little problem with saving changes if not shutdown and restarted the right way.

JNRW

Oct 13, 2014
I'm assuming its an android box. If so, after you add the shortcut make sure to shut down kodi and the box normally. Then restart it. some just pull the plug on it.
Driod can have a little problem with saving changes if not shutdown and restarted the right way.
Oh, right. I was not aware of that and will do it when I next go round. Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.